IGNORED

Bus Tour Now Confirmed - Monday (Merged)

BobBobSuperBob

Early warning reds

I understand that a Open Bus Celebration to take place on the Sunday post the Walsall Game rather than Bank Holiday Monday

Just in case people planning around the Monday - May want to hang around on the Sunday if travelling into Bristol

Will confirm anymore I get to hear as and when I get it but looks like Sunday afternoon / evening

(I guess ? That this may something to do with potential horse punching play off event at the Minimal Ground for the Sags ? On the Monday ?)

Early warning reds

I understand that a Open Bus Celebration to take place on the Sunday post the Walsall Game rather than Bank Holiday Monday

Just in case people planning around the Monday

Will confirm anymore I get to hear as and when I get it but looks like Sunday afternoon / evening

Straight after the game??

quite possibly...one of the most ridiculous ideas I have ever heard (if its true)

Unless they are looking to save money on petrol and just drive round Ashton Gate a few times :shifty:

Having said that Andy , if it does take place on the Sunday it will save those that aren't on the doorstep travelling into Bristol twice

This is obv not the reason if it happens Sunday but will help a lot of people and appease some who can't get to the game

Plus there is cost of policing & council road closures etc on a Bank Holiday - austerity n all that

My source is normally spot on -

Still think it will be , if confirmed as Sunday , because of Sags

Having said that Andy , if it does take place on the Sunday it will save those that aren't on the doorstep travelling into Bristol twice

This is obv not the reason if it happens Sunday but will help a lot of people and appease some who can't get to the game

Plus there is cost of policing & council road closures etc on a Bank Holiday - austerity n all that

I don't get what any of this has to do with Rovers?

...on the flip side, with 12,000 City fans being at Ashton Gate....no one will be in the centre to welcome them.  Would look ridiculous.

How embarrassing would it be driving round the town centre, whilst all the City fans are near the ground, or on their way home.  Those that stay to watch the presentation...are hardly then gonna drive into town and wait again at College Green?!

Personally I say have it Monday...or the following weekend. 

Other then that....forget the open top bus tour, and have a presentation on Coronation Park straight after the game.  Gives all those who cant get tickets a chance to celebrate to, and keeps ALL the fans together.

Not sure why there would be a need to close roads for an open top bus tour?

No

I suppose you could have mr & Mars jones on the way to BRI , followed by the city Bus, couple of taxis and an ice cream van chucked in line somewhere :facepalm:

F me - just trying to be helpful -

I can tell you that , that is the plan at the moment - whether it will be Sunday or Monday only time will tell - please feel free to cement your plans for Monday if you so wish to do so

I don't get what any of this has to do with Rovers?

IF.... I REPEAT IF.....  they are in play offs then Vanarama 2nd v 5th 2nd leg is KO 12.15 on Sunday 3/5 -

So Gas home 12.15 - City home 12.15 - then an open top bus tour? ....    

can't see it myself but this is red trousers dictatorship we are talking about so anything could happen .............probably end up with the team riding push bloody bikes around Beddy & Hotwells....

IF.... I REPEAT IF.....  they are in play offs then Vanarama 2nd v 5th 2nd leg is KO 12.15 on Sunday 3/5 -

can't see it myself but this is red trousers dictatorship we are talking about so anything could happen .............probably end up with the team riding push bloody bikes around Beddy & Hotwells....

You haven't considered that the boys in blue will object to the two games on the Sunday and therefore the gas game will take place on the Monday and thus our match and celebration will all need to take place on the SUNDAY ??????????????

IF.... I REPEAT IF..... they are in play offs then Vanarama 2nd v 5th 2nd leg is KO 12.15 on Sunday 3/5 -

So Gas home 12.15 - City home 12.15 - then an open top bus tour? ....

can't see it myself but this is red trousers dictatorship we are talking about so anything could happen .............probably end up with the team riding push bloody bikes around Beddy & Hotwells....

My understanding is they are in the play offs,their game gets moved to the bank holiday monday.

You haven't considered that the boys in blue will object to the two games on the Sunday and therefore the gas game will take place on the Monday and thus our match and celebration will all need to take place on the SUNDAY ??????????????

We've both played at home on the same day this season already i thought? Why would they suddenly object now? Their overtime is already assured on Monday by the bus tour

Red trousers has discussed the option of a SHARED open top bus tour  :facepalm:

...on the flip side, with 12,000 City fans being at Ashton Gate....no one will be in the centre to welcome them.  Would look ridiculous.

Think there's a few more than 12000 City fans

How embarrassing would it be driving round the town centre, whilst all the City fans are near the ground, or on their way home.  Those that stay to watch the presentation...are hardly then gonna drive into town and wait again at College Green?!

Don't suppose they intend roaring out of the car park in the bus 10 mins after the final whistle I assume it would be a couple of hours after the game !!!!!!

Personally I say have it Monday...or the following weekend. 

Unfortunately Andy it won't be planned for mine or your choice or convenience , the club, council, police etc will all have a say in this with the authorities having the ultimate say - there are many other things to consider other than the wants of the City fans and many other people to consider

Sorry but that's the fact

Other then that....forget the open top bus tour, and have a presentation on Coronation Park straight after the game.  Gives all those who cant get tickets a chance to celebrate to, and keeps ALL the fans together.

• Admin

Early warning reds

Just in case people planning around the Monday - May want to hang around on the Sunday if travelling into Bristol

Not that I have any reason to doubt you, but as the Supporters Trust seem to believe this will take place on the Monday, I've amended the title of this thread to avoid any confusion until we know for 100% what the plans are

I thought it was confirmed last week that if NLBR got to the play offs and were home in the second leg they would play on the Monday ?

That's what a gAsshole mate told me on Friday night.

Mind you, he also told me they'd sold 2600 tickets for Dover on Saturday... can't ******* help themselves.

Archived