IGNORED

Tinman

Pickle Rick

Could he play wing back?

He certainly can, or did, actually thought he was excellent bombing on outside as a wing back

Hard working , pace to burn

Would be a good fit I reckon

(When I said this current side Wing Back was what I was thinking)

And if Joe Bryan is snapped up by Everton how about bringing Barnard, Scott, or Brennan out of retirement ! ;)

Mine too, although I doubt many fans thought he'd earn that title a year or two into his time here. Not a terrace favourite for a while.

First saw Tinns at Swindon, which I think was his debut. He was crap and would have been crucified on here! Found his feet eventually and now rightly adjudged to be a legend.

Freeman was only 22 when he arrived, Tins was 25. Three years is a lot of difference at that age for a footballer. I think Tins was a great player, but never quite fulfilled his potential to play at a higher level. Freeman will realise that potential I believe.

Freeman was only 22 when he arrived, Tins was 25. Three years is a lot of difference at that age for a footballer. I think Tins was a great player, but never quite fulfilled his potential to play at a higher level. Freeman will realise that potential I believe.

This

Two good points well put

Tins carried some of the sides he was part of and we were heavily reliant on him.Think only his lack of pace stopped him playing at highest level.As you rightly said Marinas sadly he was part of some averageish sides

His diagonal balls to Murray will remain long in the memory

Again as you say with Freeman - super player, the cream on the coffee, and with his age the best is yet to come

I was driving into Morrisons at Cribbs last week and almost got broadsided by a black Merc at the roundabout. As I was getting out of the car after parking up, I saw Tins walking towards me in his City tracksuit. " Ah, Mr Tinnion", I said, " What an excellent season!"' Yes', he replied 'and much better than my driving at roundabouts!"

'Was that you?" I said " cos if I'd known, I'd have let you hit me."

He laughed and said " Brilliant!"

Top bloke, top player and glad he's back at City.

First saw Tinns at Swindon, which I think was his debut. He was crap and would have been crucified on here! Found his feet eventually and now rightly adjudged to be a legend.

Stood on terrace for that one Ashton, seems like yesterday !

Think it was something like k60 we paid Bradford for him

Agree that at Swindon I never thought he'd go on to do what he did

Nice fella too

Archived