IGNORED

Tinman

Pickle Rick

Just how much work does he do?! It's ridiculous.

I think we're not only fortunate to have had him as a player, but **** me he's on it when it comes to working hard. I'm sure it's family first, but he's convincing me it's City first as far as he's concerned.

His Twitter is a good follow and here's a very interesting tweet.

https://twitter.com/tinnion_brian/status/593152481326211072

Shows just how much work is being done. More to the point, how much work himself and the youth development team are putting into our club's future.

I think we're not only fortunate to have had him as a player, but **** me he's on it when it comes to working hard. I'm sure it's family first, but he's convincing me it's City first as far as he's concerned.

Shows just how much work is being done. More to the point, how much work himself and the youth development team are putting into our club's future.

His time in charge was just a blur, the man is a modern day City legend and has always put in everything for the club, great bloke!

He is thanking there the development centres Bristol City have taken kids off.

Bristol City from under eights up play matches against those sides regularly, which can lead to invites to train with City followed by the possibility, or not of joining the academy.

He is thanking there the development centres Bristol City have taken kids off.

Bristol City from under eights up play matches against those sides regularly, which can lead to invites to train with City followed by the possibility, or not of joining the academy.

And that's a great way to look for them young un's.

All in all, Tinnion and co seem really determined to prove successful on the long run.

doing the job he should have done when he finished, glad hes here.

Totally agree. Glad he is now back within the club and doing what he is good at which benefits all. Happy that all parties have come to that agreement and have moved on from the past.

Swansea away is a thing of the past!Just out of interest who had the better left foot him or Walshie?

Tins by a nose for me in the variety his left peg could produce

Walsh could drill a pass and his left foot a hammer but Tins was the artiste ;)

Both true City Legends and in my very top list of City players :clap:

Was a pleasure to watch them both and feel privileged to have done so

Dave Smith had a hammer left too !!

Swansea away is a thing of the past!

Just out of interest who had the better left foot him or Walshie?

Good question. Tins was a better passer, but Walshie had a shot like a rocket and, for me, was a better crosser of the ball.

In short, **** knows!!

doing the job he should have done when he finished, glad hes here.

One of the worst decisions this Club ever made was having Tinman as manager.

One of the best decisions, was bringing him back, after he spent years in Spain and here, developing and honing his skills and making good contacts.

I don't believe in giving ex players jobs...just because.

They have to be able to offer the Club something.

Since Tinman and Carlos Anton have been brought in, there has been a marked improvement in Professionalism and development.

They really do put the hours in...have passion, and something positive to offer.

Plus they are willing to talk and listen, and take on player recruitment ideas from outside the Club.

Our scouting has definitely improved because of his involvement.

The gospel according to Luke shades the life of Brian

c.50 appearances v c.450

I'm torn. I'd put them both into my all-time City team even though it would be completely unbalanced. Who can forget the number of goals Tins set up for Murray, his goal at Liverpool and performance v the gas? He truly deserves "Legend" status in my view.

Luke is far more industrious, quicker, a better tackler and harder to knock off the ball. Like Tins, he has a wand for a left foot although with his right he's the better of the two. Tins however is probably the better goalkeeper!

I really don't think I can separate them but I hope that Luke sticks around with us for as long as Tins did in his playing career and registers even more appearances.

c.50 appearances v c.450

I'm torn. I'd put them both into my all-time City team even though it would be completely unbalanced. Who can forget the number of goals Tins set up for Murray, his goal at Liverpool and performance v the gas? He truly deserves "Legend" status in my view.

Luke is far more industrious, quicker, a better tackler and harder to knock off the ball. Like Tins, he has a wand for a left foot although with his right he's the better of the two. Tins however is probably the better goalkeeper!

I really don't think I can separate them but I hope that Luke sticks around with us for as long as Tins did in his playing career and registers even more appearances.

way too early to even consider Freeman in an all time City team. He has been fantastic though.

One of the worst decisions this Club ever made was having Tinman as manager.

One of the best decisions, was bringing him back, after he spent years in Spain and here, developing and honing his skills and making good contacts.

I don't believe in giving ex players jobs...just because.

They have to be able to offer the Club something.

Since Tinman and Carlos Anton have been brought in, there has been a marked improvement in Professionalism and development.

They really do put the hours in...have passion, and something positive to offer.

Plus they are willing to talk and listen, and take on player recruitment ideas from outside the Club.

Our scouting has definitely improved because of his involvement.

Although its a smaller role I think Scotty's presence in the dressing room is a plus too, he seems very popular with the current squad.

c.50 appearances v c.450

Tins is one of the best all time players for me - but he played in a number of pretty average sides during his long spell at BCFC. It's odd that no one ever seriously came in for him.

Luke has been the best player in a very good side so as far as ability goes based on his one season with us- he looks a better player. Providing he's still with us, a season in the Championship will no doubt answer the question.

Tins is one of the best all time players for me - but he played in a number of pretty average sides during his long spell at BCFC. It's odd that no one ever seriously came in for him.

Luke has been the best player in a very good side so as far as ability goes based on his one season with us- he looks a better player. Providing he's still with us, a season in the Championship will no doubt answer the question.

This

Two good points well put

Tins carried some of the sides he was part of and we were heavily reliant on him.Think only his lack of pace stopped him playing at highest level.As you rightly said Marinas sadly he was part of some averageish sides

His diagonal balls to Murray will remain long in the memory

Again as you say with Freeman - super player, the cream on the coffee, and with his age the best is yet to come

c.50 appearances v c.450

Mine too, although I doubt many fans thought he'd earn that title a year or two into his time here. Not a terrace favourite for a while.

Archived