IGNORED

New Badge?

BRISTOL86

We are a South west club with fans outside Bristol who for some don't give a monkeys about the Bristol crest that has been used by the Gas and even Glous Cricket.

This reads like we should water down our Bristol factor for those who don't live here, which would be ridiculous.

The Robin = Nickname

The Bridge = South Bristol, our home location

The Ball = Is what we do

Slight technicality.....the 'Clifton' suspension bridge is in Clifton which could never be construed as 'south bristol'

Although its close and we can see it from the ground, it does not signify South Bristol

Slight technicality.....the 'Clifton' suspension bridge is in Clifton which could never be construed as 'south bristol'

Although its close and we can see it from the ground, it does not signify South Bristol

Careful. I was born, went to school and grew up in Clifton...

This reads like we should water down our Bristol factor for those who don't live here, which would be ridiculous.

It means why use a badge that our rivals have used and as much claim to it as we do and we don't represent parts of Bristol

due to those Gas heads and vise versa.

I guess SOME fans who live outside Bristol (the ones i have spoken to) feel our own identity is better represented like the Gas have done with their badge. As a bristolian, for me the crest works for some organisations but not for BCFC, it may do if we were the only proper professional team like the Rugby but i just think we should have our own identity.

The Bridge, It be south enough for me ;)

It over looks our ground and we can see it from the Gate

Actually, Brunel originally planned to locate the bridge in South Bristol but couldn't get planning permission coz of there being too many village greens.

Maybe a compromise can be reached where we have a robin perched on a ball and in the background two unicorns with a suspension bridge linking their two horns. Instead of 1894 or 1897 we could have 1912 instead so the ship won't need to appear coz it would've struck the iceberg. I haven't got the ability to make a copy of this new compromise design but would be interested in the results if someone can do this.

Ok more like 'new version of current badge' but that doesn't make for such a snappy title!

Just spotted this, presume it's a teaser before a new kit release.

image.jpg

In this picture i think the letter ''B'' is being left behind or has been on the Thatchers gold :blink:

That looks shite in comparison to the existing one!

I'm not gonna lie, but it certainly doesn't look any better. The red thats filled in with Bristol City FC looks really cheap and poorly done. And also there is nothing around the crest itself so it just looks empty. The only thing that looks slightly better is that the image seems more refined and less bulky, if that makes any sense.  :blink:

I'm not gonna lie, but it certainly doesn't look any better. The red thats filled in with Bristol City FC looks really cheap and poorly done. And also there is nothing around the crest itself so it just looks empty. The only thing that looks slightly better is that the image seems more refined and less bulky, if that makes any sense.  :blink:

There's a thin black line round the crest, as opposed to a thick one.

:laugh: oh my, it was average before but least it still looked professional, now it looks like a kid has edited it. We need the Robin back, i think the majority of fans want it back so why dont they just do it instead of trying to improve the current one and then just making it worse.

How about a revamp of the badge below?  A robin on a 8 bar gate?

Gate = Ashton gate

8 Bar Gate = Ashton Gate 8

Robin = Nickname

We have used it in the past.

10427686_10152207994427514_3869672991390

Been working on this one but it still needs a lot doing to it, then it also needs to professionally be finished off with photoshop. Just a basic idea anyway. I did think about putting scroll work underneath it but I couldn't manage it.

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n1%2

Been working on this one but it still needs a lot doing to it, then it also needs to professionally be finished off with photoshop. Just a basic idea anyway. I did think about putting scroll work underneath it but I couldn't Manage it.

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n1%2

For me, it looks too farm and country. As a club, we need to steer well clear of the country bumpkin stereotype.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ikp6ngU.jpg

I know the above is a joke suggestion, but I actually quite like the body shape of the Robin in that pic

If we were to get a new Robin badge, I wouldn't be against having him in his fighting pose like this. Badass

I know the above is a joke suggestion, but I actually quite like the body shape of the Robin in that pic

If we were to get a new Robin badge, I wouldn't be against having him in his fighting pose like this. Badass

Indeed. And he's driving off the Blue Tits :)

Does anyone have the talent to draw that as a logo? Sort of Robiin With Attitude.

Yes, keep the blue tit on the badge along with the fighting robin as I do believe Cockney Rhyming slang for a pair of those delightful birds is Bristol City.

My first girl friend once told me that she left the Girl Guides because she refused to have BLUE TITS emblazoned on her left breast.

For me, it looks too farm and country. As a club, we need to steer well clear of the country bumpkin stereotype.

This.. Even though it's a good tribute to the Ashton gate 8 from an outsider with no affiliation with BCFC it just looks like some naff farm gate!

The club should give the old school Robin and Suspension bridge design from back in the day to a top graphic design company and see what they can come up with

My first girl friend once told me that she left the Girl Guides because she refused to have BLUE TITS emblazoned on her left breast.

II've heard some rather bizarre things over the years from female acquaintances regarding their time in the Brownies and then the Girl Guides which mainly seem to revolve around the strange practice of congregating around a giant mushroom and of a grown woman sitting upon the giant mushroom and the girls engaging in rituals that quite frankly seem intent on raising the spirit of Dionysus and all that that entails. It is frightening stuff and I'm surprised such behaviour is condoned in a Christian country. Aeschylus or was it Euripides wrote a cautionary play to warn the Athenians of just this sort of behaviour amongst their womenfolk 2,500 years ago. It's hair raising stuff and knocks cub practices such as Bob a job week, distributing hot cross buns and tying knots into a cocked hat.

anyone able to resurrect that one so we can see how bad it could have been?

The shirt was not great either..

It was just the middle bit of the current badge with a token robin on the ships sail.

The idea to remove the unicorns was a step in the right direction.

post-27-0-24087900-1430561272_thumb.png

Archived