IGNORED

Special Request From Ex Player On Behalf Of Sc&t - Can Anyone Help

Dollymarie

Member of 1954/55 championship-winning side

We are hoping to help a member of our 1954/55 championship-winning side to attend to the Walsall game.
Every avenue has been tried to get tickets from the Football Club but unfortunately they are simply sold out to the last seat.
Ideally we are looking for tickets for our former player, his wife and grandson.

If you can help in any way, for instance by knowing that a certain reserved seat is not going to be used at that match, please email mike@bristolcityst.org.uk asap.

Why some sort of recognition for the last championship winning side has not even been thought about is really sad considering only two survive and only one is probably fit enough to attend.

Come on City it surely isn't to late.

Why some sort of recognition for the last championship winning side has not even been thought about is really sad considering only two survive and only one is probably fit enough to attend.

Come on City it surely isn't to late.

Stick him on the bench. Not like it is going to be full. Can be part of the management for the day.

Only said half in jest. Why not?

Agree it would be a great moment in what is looking like a great day - With a bit of leg work we could get both surviving players down the Gate. 

looking after our legends is something that we should be proud to do .. Common City it can be done.

We are hoping to help a member of our 1954/55 championship-winning side to attend to the Walsall game.

Every avenue has been tried to get tickets from the Football Club but unfortunately they are simply sold out to the last seat.

Ideally we are looking for tickets for our former player, his wife and grandson.

If you can help in any way, for instance by knowing that a certain reserved seat is not going to be used at that match, please email mike@bristolcityst.org.uk asap.

PM SENT

Tell them to turn up and they will be able to choose from the hundreds of empty sold out seats. It's been the case all season.

Glad to see this has been resolved but sad that it happened in the first place, with all the times we have presented the Harry Bamford Trophy, someone at the Gate must have the savvy that one of our 'originals' from 54/55 would be a must for tomorrow. I must say a thank you to Dollymarie for getting it sorted, I have never met her but on this forum she is a diamond for getting things sorted and has helped me in the past  I and a lot of older supporters who dont necessarily post on OTIB would have been mighty gutted if one of our 'originals' couldnt have attended and we got to hear from it after the match. Round of applause for Dolly :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Surely all that was needed to sort this was for one or more of the Bristol Sport people to don a hard hat and sit/stand in the South Stand with the construction workers who watch from there every match, this would free up a seat or seats for guests. Simples.

Glad to see this has been resolved but sad that it happened in the first place, with all the times we have presented the Harry Bamford Trophy, someone at the Gate must have the savvy that one of our 'originals' from 54/55 would be a must for tomorrow. I must say a thank you to Dollymarie for getting it sorted, I have never met her but on this forum she is a diamond for getting things sorted and has helped me in the past  I and a lot of older supporters who dont necessarily post on OTIB would have been mighty gutted if one of our 'originals' couldnt have attended and we got to hear from it after the match. Round of applause for Dolly :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats on your 1000th post, old man!

Archived