IGNORED

The Toughest Championship Ever?

JM91

Are we Potentially looking at the most difficult Championship in recent history next season in terms of club size if Brentford go up and Preston/Sheffield United come up with us?  We could feasibly have a division consisting of:

Aston Villa (likely QPR instead)

Birmingham

Blackburn

Bolton

Brighton

Bristol City

Burnley

Cardiff

Charlton

Derby

Fulham

Huddersfield

Ipswich

Leeds

Middlesbrough

Norwich

Nottm Forest

Preston

Reading

Rotherham

Sheff Wed

Sheffield United

Sunderland

Wolves

Not one poor team in the bunch and dare I say it we would probably be considered the smallest of them. 

Smallest based on what?

Are crowds should average 16k at home on reduced capacity but will be about half way compared to others!

Budget - who knows what it is but I bet it's a lot bigger than a lot of them so again would say about half way.

History/reputation - Means absolutely nothing as Bournemouth and Brentford showed this season.

So what should we be worried about? Nothing in my opinion, with a few quality additions we will be very competitive next season.

Let them worry about us!!!

Why will it be any tougher than previous seasons we have had up there? It's funny people talk as if we have never been in this league before..

And one of the smallest? Behave ffs..

TBF he said "considered as"

Smallest based on what?

Are crowds should average 16k at home on reduced capacity but will be about half way compared to others!

Budget - who knows what it is but I bet it's a lot bigger than a lot of them so again would say about half way.

History/reputation - Means absolutely nothing as Bournemouth and Brentford showed this season.

So what should we be worried about? Nothing in my opinion, with a few quality additions we will be very competitive next season.

Let them worry about us!!!

Exactly.

I'd say we are in the bottom three with regard to the size of the clubs.

Just Brentford, Rotherham, and whoever comes up with us (with the exception of Sheff.Utd) will be punching above their weight.

As it stands there will be around 5 clubs not to have been Premier League clubs, and obviously we are one of them. 

We did average higher gates than both Huddersfied and Charlton the last time we were up and Cardiff have only sold 4000 season tickets.

Are we Potentially looking at the most difficult Championship in recent history next season in terms of club size if Brentford go up and Preston/Sheffield United come up with us?  We could feasibly have a division consisting of:

Aston Villa (likely QPR instead)

Birmingham

Blackburn

Bolton

Brighton

Bristol City

Burnley

Cardiff

Charlton

Derby

Fulham

Huddersfield

Ipswich

Leeds

Middlesbrough

Norwich

Nottm Forest

Preston

Reading

Rotherham

Sheff Wed

Sheffield United

Sunderland

Wolves

Not one poor team in the bunch and dare I say it we would probably be considered the smallest of them. 

...and yet, out of all of those, each one of them has to fill positions 1 thru 24, so matter how big they are, natural order (based on W/D/L) will occur.

We didn't.

Charltons average is consistently more than ours - up to 23k in the championship. We can't get anywhere near that.

Hudersfield averaged over 14k in the last two seasons since promotion.

We averaged just over 13k in our last two seasons and 14k the two before that.

Fair enough. 

Some big clubs will be in there like Derby (now 0-2 down), Notts Forest, Birmingham, Wolves, Leeds, with  Norwich, Ipswich, Middlesbrough, Villa, Sunderland possible. So a tad different to League 1...

But I'm sure the club and players will be looking forward to the challenge rather than concerned about the opposition.

Nothing to fear.

I agree we shouldn't have any fear.

But on behalf of Notts County fans, I have to be pedantic and point out it's Nottingham Forest. That really bugs 'em up there like when we are called Bristol.

Sorry chief!

Burnley and QPR are coming down bar miracles. Then, imo, one of Sunderland or Newcastle with the latter seemingly unable to halt the slide.

City are amongst the smallest in terms of turnover but that is set to change. It matters little anyway; 11 v 11 on the day and we have momentum. No fear. We will end up 2nd.

I'm not sure why everyone's so keen that both Sunderland and Newcastle come down. Along with Middlesbrough, that would make for three of the longest away trips all in the same season! We'd be buying a plane, not chartering one!

Don't think they will though: Burnley and QPR doomed, so just one place left.

Archived