IGNORED

How To Build A Title Winning Side...article

cityexile

All obvious stuff but knowing what to do is one thing and doing it is another. I think the pre-season recruitment was the key. Far too many Managers sign players because they rate them without regard to how they fit into the system they want to play. Cotterill did it the right way round!!

I hope the game is well won already and we get a last minute pen.................. just so Frankie Fielding can also get on the scoring records for this remarkable season

Even better if it was awarded at 0-0 in the fourth minute of injury time. No pressure Frank.

All obvious stuff but knowing what to do is one thing and doing it is another. I think the pre-season recruitment was the key. Far too many Managers sign players because they rate them without regard to how they fit into the system they want to play. Cotterill did it the right way round!!

Totally agree with this statement.

Too many times you see the likes of Shearer spouting on about how players should do x, y and z, but he was useless when he managed Newcastle!

I quite liked it when Martin O'Neill was a pundit during the World Cup(s)/European Championship(s) and he saw things completely differently to the likes of Shearer and Hansen, an yet he's one of the managers who's actually been a pretty decent manager in comparison.

Totally agree with this statement.

Too many times you see the likes of Shearer spouting on about how players should do x, y and z, but he was useless when he managed Newcastle!

I quite liked it when Martin O'Neill was a pundit during the World Cup(s)/European Championship(s) and he saw things completely differently to the likes of Shearer and Hansen, an yet he's one of the managers who's actually been a pretty decent manager in comparison.

O' Neill was a hell of a player too. Remember him tearing us to shreds when we played Forest at home back in the 70's

• Admin

Thanks for the kind comments. Needless to say, it wasn't a chore to write.

:fear:

Notice you've abused your position a few times in recent weeks to write hugely positive articles about us, keep it up! ;)

Archived