IGNORED

Congratulations Milton Keynes

Aussie

5,000 fans getting behind our club to support the lads. If that means putting a few quid into the franchise to support ours than so be it.

I do entirely get that. I have total respect for people like Dolly who chose not to go to MK out of principle.

However, I do think it is, well, slightly odd to say how much they should not exist with great passion, but your principles only go so far. Ought to add, I went.

Anyhow, not going to get lost in this one. Today is about us, not them.

You are clearly right about how they were formed. Should never be allowed again. The suits that allowed it should still be ashamed.

Not the fault of their fans however. Equally, 5k plus City fans were happy to put their hard earned in their coffers. Pot calling...

I would ask, why didn't there 'fans' go and watch Milton Keynes Town FC to make that club successful.

They had a club before they shit on Wimbledon, but didn't support it.

I'm suprised Franchise are getting ant support on here to be honest, in fact I'm shocked. It's almost universal throughout the football community the despise of how they were formed... Think you need to take a look at yourself if you are in support of them to be honest.. Sincerely hope they go straight back down next season!

I've had a look, and I'm fine thanks

I'm not a sheep who automatically follows the majority

I have some time for their fans, at least some of them - WellDon off their forum takes the trouble to go on every oppositions forum and offer advice / help with parking , drinking venues etc etc and usually receives a load of abuse form keyboard warriors

He's a really nice decent fella, as are a few more and for them (and their manager who I like) I'm chuffed

I would ask, why didn't there 'fans' go and watch Milton Keynes Town FC to make that club successful.

They had a club before they shit on Wimbledon, but didn't support it.

It's Milton Keynes City, but yeah, this.

I think it is fair to say they will score more goals next season compared to Preston who may go up anyway and more goals means more excitement.

It is also not really as if Preston have truly bottled it.. they have been on a superb run, except for today, its just that MK have been on an even better one and like no other. Good job we were so far ahead.

I think its time to move on from the negative argument.. live with it people, its history so be positive and just enjoy football for what it is, a game.

Come on.

Any of the kids 16-20 who live in Milton Keynes and go along and watch them.

They're proper football fans and are more admirable than many in our city who go and watch Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal.

We have to put all that aside now, what's dobe is done.

It's like (and loosely I know...) holding German people aged under 60 responsible for the Nazis.

We move on. They were a bloody good side and thoroughly deserve to finish above Preston.

• Admin

You can have more than one reason.

Yes I can't stand the whole BS thing.

Find it odd people liking it so we won't be same as many others, yet support a notion that throws the identity of the club itself into doubt.

When my gas supporting cousin's boyfriend calls us FC Franchise playing at Bristol Sport stadium in jest - it reminds me he may not be far off the mark.

Having them design our shirts just shows another facet they have their claws on.

I do happen to think the last Adidas effort in both quality and design is 10x that of the Bristol Sport ones too.

I don't however make any correlation between shirt and performance - those who do are insane.

So you hate us in your cousin's boyfriend's eyes becoming a franchise (with the same name, in the same city, in the same stadium) yet want to have a w**k over MK's promotion. Right.

Mixed views on MK Dons. They do engage with younger fans very well and in a growing 'city' like Milton Keynes it's probably better to see them supporting their local team as opposed to the usual Premier League lot. However, the whole experience is like a soulless, watered down version of an MLS game, combined with the fact that you're surrounded by Ikea, Asda and dual carriageways. They're the definition of modern football, for better or worse. I'll stick to the Cobblers as my 'local' team...

Taking the emotion out of it the best two sides in the division were promoted. The goal difference of each tells you that.

Unfortunately I cannot see the third best side in the division going up. Sheffield United for me. Wouldn't be a total surprise to me if they met Chesterfield in the final either. I hope Sheffield chew up the Swine and spit them out.

Preston have some serious picking up to do.

I felt any side in top 2 to lose out last day will have to pick all those players up and start again.

MK Dons however were on a roll and I think would have steamrolled the play offs.

They do absolutely deserve it today. The rest of the history stuff has nowt to do with many fans or players.

Wilbraham for example was given a fantastic reception and clearly loves them as well.

I think there are two different things here. Understandably people don't like what the MK Dons CLUB has done in the past, but over this season the TEAM came second and therefore deserve to be promoted.

• Admin

Would have preferred Preston but MK try play decent footy so fair one. Scoring over 100 goals is no mean feat.

Between ourselves and MK, we have scored 197 league goals. Is it any wonder that one of the games between us finished 0-0? ;)

Archived