IGNORED

League 1 Play Offs

Cider_boy

While we celebrate, they can sweat it out in the play offs.

I find it incredible the lack of recent form of all the teams in the play offs.

Before today, at least PNE won their two previous games, but will be gutting to have missed out on auto promotion.

Swindle have to look back 6 games to their last win, (but will argue that at that point they were out of the auto race and have been resting/had suspended players. IMHO that's a poor way to go about things, and you're much better off going into playoffs with some momentum. But then I've we've been no fan of Swindles negative tactics all season.

Sheff Utd haven't won any of their last 5 either, with Chesterfield only needing to look back 4 games for a win (6-0 against Colchester, slayers of PNE!)

We seem to have had a good rapport with PNE this season, who are a 'proper' football team, so I'd have no complaints to see them rescue their season.

Swindle - no, no, no. Their tactics don't deserve to be rewarded, regardless of any local rivalry.

Sheff - Another proper footballing team with a good history. I don't have a particularly warm feeling towards their supporters (anyone?)

Chesterfield - to be honest, I don't know much about them or their history (sorry), I feel they are a smaller team and would be nice to see them progress with us - can anyone enlighten me?

Sheff Utd have had the longest time to prepare for the play offs, it's been a long time since they looked like either dropping out of the top 6 or looked like catching the top 2. I think Clough will have had all their match winners rested and ready for the next 3 games

Chesterfield for me on the basis of when you look at the teams already in the championship next season you don't need to add someone like Preston

Yeah that's how I see it. Nothing against Preston really but it's just business.

Sheff Utd have had the longest time to prepare for the play offs, it's been a long time since they looked like either dropping out of the top 6 or looked like catching the top 2. I think Clough will have had all their match winners rested and ready for the next 3 games

Section 5 young man. Them too then.  :blink:

I think Chesterfield will do it, they have nothing to lose and will embrace it.

Preston will struggle to lift themselves after being so close for so long knowing they should have sewn it up before today.

Swindon resting player hasn't done them any good up to now, I don't see that changing.

Sheffield utd very good one game very poor the next, like preston a lot of expectation from their fans.

Archived