IGNORED

Wes Burns

James

I'd like to presume that any clarification required would have been confirmed before naming him in our squad (and then bringing him on) but why do I feel like there is (or if not should be?) a rule preventing a player for turning out for 2 different teams in 1 round of fixtures?

I noticed he played 50 or so minutes for Cheltenham yesterday.

I'm presuming I'm wide of the mark with my concern but for my own sanity would love clarity on this if anyone happens to know the relevant rule?

Cheers

His loan expired yesterday, he played for his parent club today, what is the problem exactly?

Not saying there is a 'problem', in fact I think it's safe to presume there isn't one as I can't imagine the club taking such a pointless risk if there was any doubt.

As I said it just seems very strange that a player can play for two teams on the same weekend.

His loan expired yesterday, he played for his parent club today, what is the problem exactly?

That's how I see it, but I guess it doesn't happen often due to physical demands of playing for two teams rather than rules so to speak. Yes I do realise he could have come on for both teams in the 94th minute and it would still be classed as playing. No rule about playing on same weekend, once the loan is up it's up. No different than Matt Smith going back and playing for Fulham is it.

And yes, I thought he did well. He certainly didn't look like he hadn't been part of the squad all season, maybe he has been training with us still? He fitted in well.

Archived