IGNORED

What Wilkshire Actually Said

Antman

Make the effort to read the Wilkshire piece off his website and you very quickly realise how the EP (and some of forum posters) have chosen to spin it around.

He clearly states how he would be DISAPPOINTED to leave as the job isn't done yet. and how he'll give it all he's got.

it's funny how with nothing better to do, some folk are happy to stick the knife into one of our own, but why should I be suprised! it's what this forum does best.

Read the piece, in context.

and please stop posting these ..'my mates plumber spoke to Louis carey's dad's guinea pig last week and he interpreted the squeeks as telling him Gazza will sign tommorrow, later that day the clouds in the sky made a funny shape and it looked like Tommy Mooney's rse, so we MUST be signing him then...and Lee peacock was spotted talking to Eusabio's ghostly shadow and he said, using a strange indian dialect that he would be definately, DEFINATElY signing for Forest Green....'

etc, etc, etc,

Hey, it's sunny outside, you know, outside? the real world? not doomquakekillerslashfest 2 on the Xbox or disproportionately built woman in tight wet clothes for men (because otherwise we'd never get to see one)magazine

This forum is bad for my blood pressure! I'm off.

:D

Antmaaaaaaaaaaan

• Admin

Well said, it is also worth noting that these comments were said "pre-Wilson's departure" too as some are interpreting them as malcontent with Tinnion's appointment.

Oh and you tricked me, it ain't Sunny outside at all :@

• Admin
A refreshing perspective Antman. Trouble is with these long close seasons and little real news to report, too many people have too much time on their hands and tend to put two and two together and make five.
What? You mean two and two don't make five? :D

The ep has made it out to be much worse than it actually is , and hopefully millen and tinns wont approach it the wrong way, because millen has obviously read the misquotes(they made it sound a lot worse than it actually is) from the ep and now is going to speak to wilkshire about coming out in public saying he isnt happy at the club when he didnt actually say that. Typicall evening post poo stiring and a bolox paper.

I gotta say any manager/assistant manager who believes ANYTHING they read in a newspaper aint going to last, and I would expect them to investigate the comments properly themselves..before doing anything. It would be sad for us if they didnt.

The EP is utter shyte anyway..no City player, manager or fan would believe the rag anyway!

Taken from his website.......A bit of a mixed message....one minute saying he'd be disappointed if the club let him go and the next saying it may be best for him to move on......seems like a lad who doesn't really know what he wants....

LW's Website

"A summer of uncertainty - 02/06/2004

Defeat to Brighton was, and is, hard to take - for the fans, players, manager and the board of the club. We finished third and I believe we are a better team than Brighton, although we simply didn't play to our potential in the play-off's. I don't know why, it's just one of those things. Already the club are preparing for another season in Div Two and players have been given fre transfers. Additionally a few other players are out of contract and if the media is to be believed, they can't expect the same financial terms.

For me, this season hasn't been what I'd hoped for. I honestly don't think the football in this division suits my style of play. I'm not being funny about it, I just believe I'd be able to contribute to and influence games to a better degree at a higher standard. I signed for City after leaving a steady Premiership club because I backed Danny Wilson's plans and faith that we'd go up. It hasn't happened and now we have to face the consequences. I don't know whether the club want me to stay or not...I guess it just depends on the financial position here.

If it's time to move on then I'll be disappointed, I feel it's a job that's not been completed - and that's not my preferred way of doing things. I've settled into Bristol and it only seems five minutes since we bought our house. We have our second child on the way and the last thing I really want to do is pack up and leave. However, in professional rather than domestic terms, it may be the best to move on. At this point in time there are alot of variables out there and we need to see what materialises. At this point I'm a City player, and for as long as it stays that way, I'll give it everything on the pitch to get us up."

Read it as you will, but I'm sure it will all come out in the wash as they say.

So what Wilkshire is basically saying is that he joined us because he believed we would go up last season and now that we haven't he doesn't really know if he fancies another season of second division football (or whatever league it is now called). I hope he makes his mind up soon and either stays to guts it out or alternatively #####'s off to the next bunch of mugs prepared to pay him a decent wage for a very limited return.

I think Wilkshire owes the club a decent season after last year. Not too much to ask it it?

I'm not too sure about Luke's comments about being able to influence games at a higher level. Some have commented that he might do better with different personnel around him but even if we had gone up we would have kept the majority of the team intact so he would still have been playing with the same players. If you are a good player you tend to stick out like a sore thumb in Div 2 (Tommy Doc, Danny Coles, Mooney at AG last season etc) sadly Wilkshire hasn't yet made it into this category.

Remember these comments were made just a day after the Play Off

final when he'd had to sit on the bench watching his team give an

awful negative performance, only to be brought on too late to have

any influence on the game. They were also made when Danny Wilson was

still at the helm and all the noises coming out of Ashton Gate were

that he would still be in charge next season.

I'm sure that Wilkshire is very much part of the new regime's plans. On his day, and in the right position he 's a class act, but I don't think our style of play last season really suited him.

Hopefully air can be cleared and he can be a key player for us next

season.

Archived