IGNORED

Walsall Forum

sglosbcfc

I have just read this on the Walsall forum -

About the fans, I recall watching Bristol Rovers (remember them?) at Stockport (remember them?) and standing with the Gas support amazed at the lack of atmosphere. They had a real chance of getting into the League 1 (equivalent) playoffs and got rolled 2-0. We'd be going mental at such an away game. Perhaps Brizzle fans are simply more subdued by nature.

Surely he can't have been in the Rovers end, their fans have been telling me for years they are the most passionate in British football.

Got to be honest...and I really don't want to have a moan... but I thought the atmosphere was pretty shocking in the first half. One too many hangovers and fans on little sleep having stayed up to watch the boxing me thinks. Perhaps the lack of time downing ciders before KO had an effect too.

Second half everyone seemed to wake up/cheer up/cider up and the party atmosphere commenced. Mind you watching us score 6 in one half was always going to lift the crowd!

• Admin

Atmosphere was apalling, but I think it wasn't helped by the fact that we'd already confirmed the league title vs Cov, which lent the whole day a somewhat strange atmosphere.

Looking back through my videos from yesterday & watching the highlights it's clear we did sing though, it just can't have travelled to the Atyeo. In much a similar way that it looked to me like Walsall were bouncing around but I couldn't hear a peep from them down in Williams F Block.

Looking back through my videos from yesterday & watching the highlights it's clear we did sing though, it just can't have travelled to the Atyeo. In much a similar way that it looked to me like Walsall were bouncing around but I couldn't hear a peep from them down in Williams F Block.

Sadly all you could hear from the Atyeo was Walsall. A big shame considering they accounted for 5% of the attendance, and we won 8-2 and pissed the league

• Admin

Fair play they made a bit of noise but I cringed every time they sang their 'loyal supporters' song.

I hope to god we never lower ourselves to singing such shite.

It's the sort of song supporters of a region's less successful clubs would sing. Wouldn't surprise me if the sags have it on their playlist.

In Williams F block it did seem really muted in there 1st half and I said to my lad I was disappointed in it, 2nd half was a lot better and really enjoyed it obviously helped by the performance. It does amuse me when supporters say we out sang them blah blah, as most of the time you are in your own little bubble and can't hear anyone else.

Sadly all you could hear from the Atyeo was Walsall. A big shame considering they accounted for 5% of the attendance, and we won 8-2 and pissed the league

I personally thought their support was awful. Just like Coventrys.

Just continuously trying to make up witty chants....that only about 50 of them would sing. Very few were funny. Just awful.

We've had some fans down here this season that really created an atmosphere, Preston and Barnsley to name two. Walsall were awful.

As for our atmosphere....was shocking and to be honest...has been pretty much all season

I'd rather we sang nothing than the crap generic songs wallsall were singing.

Allez allez allez oh & everywhere we go .... So glad we avoid this plastic shite

So cringeworthy isn't it. Every football league club is singing this bollox!

And that stupid Palace song.

Archived