IGNORED

Tavernier

Josh93

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else but does anyone think cotts will try and bring him back next season?

Would you be happy to see him return permanently?

I'd definitely welcome him back if the price and wages were reasonable

He was not as match unfit like Matt Smith when he arrived, but just like Smith, he has improved the more games he has played.

I would imagine that Cotts like many managers, uses the loan system to assess whether a player will fit in or not.

A definite possibility that we might be interested in recruiting Tavernier.

Hope you are right.He was a big part of our success.It must have been torture for him not being involved in the last few games.

He basically said this, that he was on a bit of a downer after missing the last few games/celebrations. But also said he will be fit and raring to go for next season.

If for some reason Little weren't fit I expect we will sign a new CB and Ayling could fill in at RWB.

I disagree. Little will be fit for pre-season so no worries there. We're a bit beyond 'filling in' now and IMO it's clear we need more depth at rwb in the same way that we have both Bryan and Cunningham on the left. Bryan is first choice but Greg still played a lot and there were numerous times when we rested Little during the season because of fixture pileups.

Assuming Byrne is a bit beyond us, I'd be more than happy to sign Tavernier to compete with Little for that position.

Rumour was that he wanted to rejoin Rotherham on loan but Wigan blocked it because they were in the same division.

If we continue with 3-5-2 we need an alternative to Little because much as I like Waggy he isn't a Championship right wing back.

Wigan didn't recall Tavernier even after another change of manager, so my bet is that he won't start next season with them but possibly not with us, either.

Rumour was that he wanted to rejoin Rotherham on loan but Wigan blocked it because they were in the same division.

If we continue with 3-5-2 we need an alternative to Little because much as I like Waggy he isn't a Championship right wing back.

Wigan didn't recall Tavernier even after another change of manager, so my bet is that he won't start next season with them but possibly not with us, either.

Returning to Rotherham seems a good shout. He was born in Bradford and has spent most of his career in the north. It depends, of course, if Rotherham want him, but their team definitely needs strengthening.

Out of position for both Walsall goals.

But he's learning the position and, like Joe Bryan, it'll take a bit of time to master it. He's fit enough, fast enough, and good enough so I wouldn't be surprised to see him back here.

Ayling was probably more to blame for both goals than Tavs IMO. 

Think Tavernier would be a handy addition to the squad, competition between him and Little for RWB can only be healthy - also seems to have fitted into the squad well which is a key factor too. Could do a lot worse lets be fair

Better than Little. Hope we sign him permanently.

Different not better. Not as strong as Little, or as fast. Little's value to the team is how often he can take the ball 50 yards upfield to a dangerous position.

Tavernier doesn't do that as much, but he has a better shot.

Archived