IGNORED

New Captain For Next Season..

iamalagerdrinker

I believe any contentious decision by the ref can be questioned legitimately by the captain... So you don't want a mouth bell end given the job. Needs to be a calm level headed guy imo. You can have all the mouthy gee up merchants still cajoling the team...

Not in football - there's no mutual respect for that to happen. Rugby, yes. Football you have 18 year olds coming through calling referees almost twice their age *****s.

Once upon a time a player would get booked, on the second foul the captain called over and warned and then the player sent off.

Captain, to me, in football nowadays is something given to a player out of respect or as a reward, rather than based on any attribute. To that end give it to the hardest trainer I reckon, otherwise bin it off.

One thing is for sure, I would keep the responsibility away from Flint. Despite the fact that people will be calling for it. He's had an incredible season, why cause unrest to what is already a strong recipe for success. He's clearly a leader on the pitch as it is, he doesn't need an armband to show it. Let him keep going as he is.

Korey Smith for me.

Archived