IGNORED

Championship Players Out Of Contract 2015

spudski

Loads of these players have either already been offered contracts by their current clubs or are such as Sako, currently being pursued by loads of clubs (including 2 in The Prem) with far more money than us.

I know some want to believe we are massive but at least be realistic with the targets.

If SC didn't think Nosworthy was for us in league 1 don't think we will be in for him in Championship imo. If i remember correctly he never got a contract anywhere until Blackpool took him on in January.

Too right, he finished last season at Pompey, FFS!

Loads of these players have either already been offered contracts by their current clubs or are such as Sako, currently being pursued by loads of clubs (including 2 in The Prem) with far more money than us.

I know some want to believe we are massive but at least be realistic with the targets.

Agree - some ludicrous suggestions on here. We probably won't be signing anyone on a five figure wage, such as Sako. I don't mind us paying a decent fee, but it needs to be an investment (freeman, ayling, smith etc).

Alex Pritchard would be an excellent signing as mentioned, an investment.

The list is pretty rubbish tbh, it includes loan players who's deals are expiring but are under contract elsewhere, as well as players who're under contract already.

Players like Sako, Gray, Bryam, Leadbitter are wildly unrealistic targets, and I'd imagine under contract and unavailable for transfer.

I think a must signing is Alex Pritchard from Spurs. On loan at Brentford but a quality replacement for Elliot. Improvement on what we have barring freeman and smith

He'll be at Spurs next season, probably initially in the Europa League.

I agree, but you just know that because they've been mentioned on here, when they sign for someone else, we'll have "missed out" or "not ambitious enough"!!!

Funnily enough I was just thinking Carayol, but I read 'Boro are set to offer him a new deal despite being on loan at Brighton towards the end of the season.

He might be worth a punt if 'Boro go up though.

:gasmask:  :gasmask: :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  :gasmask:  

He's injury prone though.

The problem with so many of these players are the wages...absolutely bonkers some of them.

I was talking to a City Scout this week, and about possible signings. The talk turned to Championship wages.

He threw an example at me... Leon Best, Blackburn....check out his record...even with injury no so brilliant... apparently 33 Grand a week!!!!!!

So many 'average' players in the Championship on stupid, stupid money.

Funnily enough I was just thinking Carayol, but I read 'Boro are set to offer him a new deal despite being on loan at Brighton towards the end of the season.

He might be worth a punt if 'Boro go up though.

Think he's already signed a new one. Couldn't believe it when I heard they were even thinking about offering him one when he's spent most his time there out injured.

Dan Burn is a shit Aden Flint. I'd take Lewis Dunk though.

He's giving you bullshite mate.

33k pw !

He's not mate...he's a good friend.

Remember.... Best was with Newcastle in the Prem...then went to Blackburn when they dropped into the Championship. Parachute payments etc...3 million fee on a four year deal.

That's the type of thing we are up against.

Looking forward to see who he will bring in.  Loved the signings he made this season.  I am sure he will not disapoint us.  Sign of the times that a player like JET is let go.  He knows what he wants, the type of player to play his formation.  Looks like he will not settle for less and just make do. I have no clue of what he is going to sign.  Cannot wait thou. 

Exactly...although when you are playing for Clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City etc, and you are part of the Club...what young lad wouldn't still love all that....dreaming. Plus Agents don't help.

Remember...most of us are talking as older experienced heads with perspective and hindsight.

Playing in the Ressies...Fistfulls of cash, associated with a big club, mixing with the best and women falling all over you....you can understand them staying.

Well.... when you put it like that, I can't see a reason for leaving.

I found it a bit odd that SC and Wilbraham were in Dubai on holiday.

The only reason I can think of for anyone being in that dump is if its a stop off for somewhere worthwhile.

You'd think with the money they must have they would find somewhere decent to go.

Is it a footballer fashion thing, like Vegas (another dump).

Have you been to either of these "dumps" Cynic ?

Yep.

Got stuck in Dubai for a week during that Icelandic dust cloud debacle a few years ago - planned on a 2 day stop over which is more than enough time there but ended up 7 days. Passed through a couple more times after deciding not to stop over.

Went to Vegas for a family wedding - we won't be going back.

Amazing how many Brits yearn for the tawdry bling of Las Vegas.

Archived