IGNORED

Bristol Sport Mulling Over High Profile Pre Season Friendly At Ag

CyderInACan

I've often thought City should stage a four team tournament with two games on the Saturday. Then the two losing teams play each other on the Sunday followed by a finale of the two winning teams.

As for the four teams; Pompey, Norwich, Carlisle & City to represent all parts of England and no colour clash so all teams can wear their home strip.

Then again how about a red & white weekend? City, Brechin or Aberdeen from Scotland, Cliftonville from NI and Wrexham, Connah's Quay or Prestatyn Town from Wales.

Late 60s early 70s City would play Bordeaux H&A for a cup. Before that our other twin City, Hannover.

I remember a City v Hannover match. It was freezing cold and Hanover played some good football. City's football wasn't as good, but the fouls were top class.

We'll have a massive new grandstand to open the season after next, the centrepiece of the redevelopment. Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to have this "high profile" friendly when the stadium is actually finished?

Might be wrong, but I have a feeling that the safety certificate for the stand might need a non competitive, near capacity activity before it's granted.

Top half premier team? Ex European cup champions league winners?

Have you not noticed they play their pre seasons in the far east or North America and are massive income generators?

What drugs are people taking?

Top half premier team? Ex European cup champions league winners?

Have you not noticed they play their pre seasons in the far east or North America and are massive income generators?

What drugs are people taking?

Prozac...what about you.?

Might be wrong, but I have a feeling that the safety certificate for the stand might need a non competitive, near capacity activity before it's granted.

Ah, that does make some sense. But it also means they will need to repeat the trick for the even bigger Williams the following season. So it would need to be an even bigger game!

To be honest with only 16k next season i think someone like Willem II is actually the perfect size of team.

Foreign team to generate enough interest to sell out but not something daft that will cause tickets to be on eBay for 1000quid with everyone slagging off the club for ticketing and them not getting seats.

If we are going to stump up for a really big team (which is the only way as they would all rather be touring the US, Asia or Australia than playing in England) then i'd rather we waited for the grand opening when we have 27k seats and corporate facilities.

To be honest with only 16k next season i think someone like Willem II is actually the perfect size of team.

Foreign team to generate enough interest to sell out but not something daft that will cause tickets to be on eBay for 1000quid with everyone slagging off the club for ticketing and them not getting seats.

If we are going to stump up for a really big team (which is the only way as they would all rather be touring the US, Asia or Australia than playing in England) then i'd rather we waited for the grand opening when we have 27k seats and corporate facilities.

Completely agree. Feels like we're jumping the gun by 12 months. If we were to land Real Madrid for the opening of the South Stand, it leaves us nowhere to go for the bigger one a year later!

Archived