IGNORED

City Squad Update

Nogbad the Bad

I didn't forget O'Leary.

Toyed with the idea of including him but came to the conclusion an 18 year old keeper would only be a very temporary squad member.

Even if circumstances dictate he's on the bench tomorrow he's still in the same category as Morrell, Harper, Kelly etc. in my book.

What about Ives? Despite him being added to the development squad I get the impression that he might be seen as cover for Joe. I think there is a challenge in getting a more experienced left sided player to come when we have a young player that would definitely be first choice for that position, so getting a talented youngster might be our only option there.

Squad update, 7/8, on the eve of BCFC's first match back in the Championship.

Goalkeepers:

Frank Fielding

Right Backs/Wing Backs:

Mark Little

Ryan Fredericks - signed from Tottenham Hotspur, 6/8

Left Backs/Wing Backs:

Joe Bryan

Centre Backs:

Aden Flint

Luke Ayling

Derrick Williams

Adam El Abd

Midfield:

Korey Smith

Scott Wagstaff

Luke Freeman

Marlon Pack

Bobby Reid

Forwards:

Aaron Wilbraham

Kieran Agard

Wes Burns

Jonathan Kodjia - signed from Angers, 20/7

Callum Robinson - signed from Aston Villa, season long loan, 7/8

Total: 18

Departures:

Dave Richards - released 5/5

Wade Elliot - released 5/5

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - released 5/5

Karleigh Osborne - season long loan, AFC Wimbledon 2/7

Greg Cunningham, undisclosed fee, Preston North End 27/7,

Looking at that list I can't help but think we need a quality CM to partner Smith and to add a little depth by having Pack and Reid available in the middle if there was any bad form or injuries. One CM and a goalkeeper to give Fielding some competition and I'd say we've got a good squad.

Looking at that list I can't help but think we need a quality CM to partner Smith and to add a little depth by having Pack and Reid available in the middle if there was any bad form or injuries. One CM and a goalkeeper to give Fielding some competition and I'd say we've got a good squad.

The trouble is  you can make a case for one more here and more there all the time, making sure we have enough players to cover but a small enough squad for financial reasons and more importantly team bonding is the challenge. Even Mourinho prefers to keep his "main squad" at around 22 one cover for each position I suppose.

The trouble is  you can make a case for one more here and more there all the time, making sure we have enough players to cover but a small enough squad for financial reasons and more importantly team bonding is the challenge. Even Mourinho prefers to keep his "main squad" at around 22 one cover for each position I suppose.

I agree but Mourinho has a squad of players who can all play multiple positions, we've got some versatility but nowhere near the level they have.

Archived