IGNORED

Fulham

Nogbad the Bad

21, that's the magic number for the Championship. It has been said that for each division one ascends three quality players need to be added to the squad to ensure that that squad can cope with the higher demands.

Someone once figured out that on average each club has three and a half players out through long term injury each season. Obviously the half player is out for a heck of a lot longer coz that is a really serious injury.

21, that's the magic number for the Championship. It has been said that for each division one ascends three quality players need to be added to the squad to ensure that that squad can cope with the higher demands.

Someone once figured out that on average each club has three and a half players out through long term injury each season. Obviously the half player is out for a heck of a lot longer coz that is a really serious injury.

So Rovers really are crap then as they couldn't get promoted with a squad much larger than the 12 this theory suggests.

So Rovers really are crap then as they couldn't get promoted with a squad much larger than the 12 this theory suggests.

The fact Rovers didn't get auto promoted with a larger squad than 12 is proof of this theory as the extra players cost them a few points in the disharmony having too many players caused for that level. People will pooh pooh this theory and point to the fact that at Conference South and North level it would mean a squad of 9 to be successful. But they would be failing to take into account that the theory makes allowances for this and classes part time players as half a member of a squad, thus a Conference South side is advised to have a squad of 18 part-timers to equal the nine, or 3 full timers and 12 part-timers. Loan players are never counted.

With regards to the above theory I apply it to every squad in the leagues before the start of each season only counting players that are on that team's books, part time = half and full time = 1 with the magic numbers being 24 Premier, 21 Championship, 18 League One, 15 League 2, 12 Bananarama etc. It is from that formula that I then forecast which teams will be successful for the coming season. I have been doing this for over 30 years and you will be amazed by the amount of times I have got it wrong!

With regards to the above theory I apply it to every squad in the leagues before the start of each season only counting players that are on that team's books, part time = half and full time = 1 with the magic numbers being 24 Premier, 21 Championship, 18 League One, 15 League 2, 12 Bananarama etc. It is from that formula that I then forecast which teams will be successful for the coming season. I have been doing this for over 30 years and you will be amazed by the amount of times I have got it wrong!

I'd be amazed? Why cos it's loads! :-) You have a lot of time on your hands. Personally I'd be happy with a squadof 20 or 21. Oh and Rovers are just crap cos they're Rovers.

So successful clubs in the 9th tier need zero players?

It's an odd theory, Can't see it working...

So successful clubs in the 9th tier need zero players?

It's an odd theory, Can't see it working...

Ah, by the ninth tier successful clubs are advised to use amateurs, they don't count coz they are not paid at all so are neither full-time or part-time, so technically a team can be very successful, such as the Corinthians, with zero squad members.

Ah, by the ninth tier successful clubs are advised to use amateurs, they don't count coz they are not paid at all so are neither full-time or part-time, so technically a team can be very successful, such as the Corinthians, with zero squad members.

You've got a good grip on those straws, I'll give you that.

Archived