IGNORED

Thank You Sean O'd

22A

Shame he couldn't get them to play !

differance between sod &cotts is cotts is a winner & expects to win/ talks all game to the players. just imagine being a player in the dressing room with sod, enough to cut your wriths if he comes over ,like he did in his interveiws...

Bloody hell, people always trot out this Brendon Rodgers line.

Did Brendon Rodgers attend many games at Ashton Gate during SOD's tenure?

If so he might have changed his view watching a side unable to take or defend set pieces, unable to pass forward, make runs off the ball, and in many cases even trap the bloody thing. We couldn't even retain possession from throw ins.

As for working for England. This was the set up that had Psycho Pearce in charge and - due to the FA's ineptitude - is the worst performing major football nation. Joining a joke outfit doesn't stop a person being a joke.

Well I'd this take Brendan Rogers line over the posters on here.

What makes me laugh is that posters here get slated by berating Cole Skuses performances, being called stupid as managers of clubs 'rate' him yet are happy to slate a manager even though he has received glowing praise from other managers? So are these managers uneducated because they go against the grain of OTIB posters? Whats good for one, is good for another.

Yes SODs time was poor, defending was a shambles but we did score alot of goals (L1 season), he set us up not to lose, we just drew far too many.

For the record Robbo, I think you're a really good poster both here and on the non football forum.. you talk alot of sense but I dont entirely agree with your post regarding this.

What makes me laugh is that posters here get slated by berating Cole Skuses performances, being called stupid as managers of clubs 'rate' him yet are happy to slate a manager even though he has received glowing praise from other managers? So are these managers uneducated because they go against the grain of OTIB posters? Whats good for one, is good for another.

Yes SODs time was poor, defending was a shambles but we did score alot of goals (L1 season), he set us up not to lose, we just drew far too many.

For the record Robbo, I think you're a really good poster both here and on the non football forum.. you talk alot of sense but I dont entirely agree with your post regarding this.

Fair enough, DWC.

My take on O'Driscoll for what it's worth is he is a manager who lost his mojo and lost his way.

He obviously enjoyed some success before us with small unfashionable clubs and from there springs the praise he gained.

He then started to believe his own publicity, thought of himself as a "football intellectual", lost any ability to motivate that he might have had, and - in adversity - lost his way tactically as well.

Over-hyping of him as a master coach blew his brain circuitry and he - like Johnson - was just incapable of dealing with bad times; incapable of taking criticism or admitting that he might have got things wrong. Incapable of learning from mistakes in short.

It shows how bad things had got here that a slightly fortuitous home draw was being hailed by some on Otib as a kind of "new dawn".

Fair enough, DWC.

My take on O'Driscoll for what it's worth is he is a manager who lost his mojo and lost his way.

He obviously enjoyed some success before us with small unfashionable clubs and from there springs the praise he gained.

He then started to believe his own publicity, thought of himself as a "football intellectual", lost any ability to motivate that he might have had, and - in adversity - lost his way tactically as well.

Over-hyping of him as a master coach blew his brain circuitry and he - like Johnson - was just incapable of dealing with bad times; incapable of taking criticism or admitting that he might have got things wrong. Incapable of learning from mistakes in short.

It shows how bad things had got here that a slightly fortuitous home draw was being hailed by some on Otib as a kind of "new dawn".

The old saying of bullshit baffles brains should have been written by O'Driscoll.

Well, that didn't go very well, did it

The only thing I will offer thanks to SoD for is nothing. So here it goes. Thanks for nothing SoD. You were crap and made me consider not renewing my season ticket as the 'football' on display was such turgid rubbish that going to Ashton Gate stopped being fun.

Archived