IGNORED

Scott Murray's Visitor To Ashton Gate Yesterday

Coppello

Have ever a keeper been such a cult hero? Shame it went wrong (whatever the reason) as he was a great keeper and a great character! "I asked which way to dive, he said left, I said thank you"

This is up there as one of my favourite moments from watching City for the past 20 years. Night game (always better), important game and that save which after literally everyone rose to their feet and did the chant with their hands in the air. Magical.

So just to clarify, Nicky Maynard is scum because he have us a short amount of notice that he wishes to move on and still enabled us to get over a million quid for him, whereas Basso, who despite being great in most of his time with us, drops a bombshell about wanting to leave on the eve of a new season but is regarded as a legend that people welcome back..?!

So just to clarify, Nicky Maynard is scum because he have us a short amount of notice that he wishes to move on and still enabled us to get over a million quid for him, whereas Basso, who despite being great in most of his time with us, drops a bombshell about wanting to leave on the eve of a new season but is regarded as a legend that people welcome back..?!

Conclusion, the Nicky Maynard hating was/is well over the top and hysterical (No, I don't want us to sign him).

Get a life, calling a footballer "scum" for leaving.

How can anyone really dislike a footballer for footballing reasons?!

It's very sad peeps.

I think the difference was that Maynard clearly stopped trying whereas Basso was dropped but when called on for a few games afterwards gave of his best.

The other issue was personality, Basso (a bit like JET) was someone everyone warmed to, Maynard had no charisma or personality at all.

I think the difference was that Maynard clearly stopped trying whereas Basso was dropped but when called on for a few games afterwards gave of his best.

The other issue was personality, Basso (a bit like JET) was someone everyone warmed to, Maynard had no charisma or personality at all.

or on the other hand maybe he was trying but Maynards career had already started its decline?

Get a life, calling a footballer "scum" for leaving.

How can anyone really dislike a footballer for footballing reasons?!

It's very sad peeps.

Yes I'd agree with this.

The thing about Micky was that he had been injured for several months and was given every support by the club and fans and was most people's favourite player.

When he returned to action, a new contract was offered and he/his agent stalled allowing his contract to get close to expiring. He seemed to be less committed on the pitch and eventually SL had to take a heavily reduced price for him. All of which is what a footballer can and does often do but it hardly made him look good.

On leaving he stated that he had no wish for his new born son to grow up with a Bristol accent which makes it hardly surprising ,when all considered, that us fans were not happy in the way he managed his departure.

And then he went to Cardiff- now there's lovely.

Archived