IGNORED

Away Shirt

Jesus

But....  I think it is in people's minds now as being our away kit.  Kids love it and it got us noticed and we were successful playing in it.  Can't believe we'll change it.

You could well be right and i think it could well stay as the ''popular'' 3rd kit and used a fair bit next season, but we all know the club will make money out of these type of kits so i won't be surprised if a so called ''new'' away kit is put on sale (like someone has already said, black with purple and lime).

Still it's all about choice.

It would only work with those colours if like this?

Note this is not the shirt but an idea.

attachicon.gifshirt.jpg

I can certainly understand why this would split opinion, but personally I think if you simplified it and just used the purple and lime for the diagonal stripes and nowhere else, it might just be brilliant. Either that or horrific.

• Admin

You could well be right and i think it could well stay as the ''popular'' 3rd kit and used a fair bit next season, but we all know the club will make money out of these type of kits so i won't be surprised if a so called ''new'' away kit is put on sale (like someone has already said, black with purple and lime).

Still it's all about choice.

Much as some of the classic colour combinations of the 70s are held in high regard amongst that generation due to the success we had in thode shirts, a few successful season's in Purple & Green will do the same for the current generation.

You may even find that in time you grow to like the combination as your subconscious associates the colours with success.

Much as some of the classic colour combinations of the 70s are held in high regard amongst that generation due to the success we had in thode shirts, a few successful season's in Purple & Green will do the same for the current generation.

You may even find that in time you grow to like the combination as your subconscious associates the colours with success.

I dunno for me once i chose Bristol city to support and nailed the colours to the wall that was that for me and tinkering around with other colours just for marketing purposes (as the ideas are running dry each year) does not always sit well.

The white and black kit does go further back than just that Cheesley header at Arsenal.

But You may be right about the generation aspect but my subconscious is more in tune over the years with the struggle to survive than how successful this club have been. From my child years i grew up with the rise of city going to the top flight and in my early to late teens watched this club fall on it's arse and always seen it struggle to survive both financially and league wise (not counting the Landsown years financially) I and other fans have seen more relegations than I / We care to want to remember so yes i do cherish the good times which do come around as often as halley's comet (lets hope that changes).

My subconscious is always there in a Terry cooper 1982 aspect, not a pot to piss in but you roll your sleeves up and work your balls off which can be a thankless task and often taken for granted and forgotten, and if we are just having a slight debate about a purple and lime kit than having days back like 1982 then i'm thankful ;).

But purple and lime is not there in my head for me but as i said if others buy it and wear it fair enough.

Archived