IGNORED

Dean Saunders For Blackpool?

The Bard

Lee Clarke has done himself a big favour. He's too good a coach to struggle with the likes of that regime.

Who ever goes there has one hell of a job on his hands.

He has done himself a favour and you're right that he's best off out of that club. But good coach?

Did an ok job at Huddersfield, but couldn't get them promoted (Danny Wilson anyone?) and was pretty poor at Brum and they took some massive hidings while he was in charge.

Lee Clarke is smart to leave, but isn't someone I'd say has a tremendous record in management.

Blackpool and Saunders; well, he's just completed a hat-trick of relegations in just four years, so maybe he fancies going four-in-five? Truly awful manager; Crawley were down the moment they brought him in.

He has done himself a favour and you're right that he's best off out of that club. But good coach?

Did an ok job at Huddersfield, but couldn't get them promoted (Danny Wilson anyone?) and was pretty poor at Brum and they took some massive hidings while he was in charge.

He would have a better chance of success away from that lot. As for Saunders why anyone else would want him beggars belief.

"On 4 May 2015 Saunders continued his managerial nightmare as Crawley Town became the third team he has seen relegated since attempting a career in management. Many fans believe if he hadn't left Wrexham he wouldn't have been as cursed as he has and the footballing community would not be having such a laugh at his expense."

Nice passage on his wikipedia page

Who would want to go to Blackpool though? With all of the off field (and on) drama between owners and fans, surely anyone would want to stay well clear of that nightmare.

A truely dire time to be a Blackpool fan - reminds me of how lucky it is to have SL.

Did very well at Huddersfield. It was a very competitive league when he was in charge with Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Charlton, Southampton and Brighton all having brilliant League One squads across 10/11 and 11/12. Took Huddersfield on a 43 game unbeaten run across those two seasons as well

Lee Clarke is smart to leave, but isn't someone I'd say has a tremendous record in management.

n.

I think i might have classed him as in the smart category had he not gone there in the first place.... Oh, wait a minute... I will rephrase... I would have classed him as smart had he not gone to Birmingham in the first place. Lee Clark will pick up his career in League 2 in my opinion.

I think i might have classed him as in the smart category had he not gone there in the first place.... Oh, wait a minute... I will rephrase... I would have classed him as smart had he not gone to Birmingham in the first place. Lee Clark will pick up his career in League 2 in my opinion.

If Lee Clark was truly smart he would have STARTED his managerial career in League 2. Like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Saunders can piss off, I want to rush through my coaching badges (already coach under 15s at Bolton) and I want the job! The fans are a disgrace, I would love to take them out the football league, it's only what they deserve. The owners have done nothing wrong.

Sorry, you sound too good. It has to be Deano.

His record on perms is superb!

Yep, all those forgotten names in management like David O'Leary, Sean O'Driscoll or Dennis O'Wise!!!

Sure, there will be plenty of dross applying for the position but there will be some quality candidates as well.

The fact of the matter is, there are far more people chasing managerial poisitions than there are jobs available.

Archived