IGNORED

Ashton Gate Looking Great From Above!

RedM

I have just been sent this photo from my friends at EliteAir.co, I thought you might like to see. (I will move it to the stadium section later, just abusing my mod powers a bit first!).
Thanks to ElsieMae Jones of Elite Air for the great photo.

IMG_0349edit_zpsd4qgflcu.jpg

Bit of an illusion, but looks like the pitch should be goal-to-goal from the Dolman to the Williams, not Atyeo to the South Stand!

Though what this picture does show is the depth of which the new stand(s) will have, along with up-to-date quality.

Looking forward!

Looking good. But does anyone else think 27,000 will not be enough?

27,000 is pretty much spot on in my opinion. Any less would leave us short for the biggest games, and any more would mean the stadium would look more empty than full, more often than not.

If we were to become established in the Premier League, then it might not be enough. Even then I suspect it would be sufficient for the likes of Stoke and West Brom, once the novelty of top flight football has worn off. But that would be a very nice problem to have.

Dolman looking like a new stand that's nearing completion - love that, and also how clever the roof extension is to be completely independent from the original roof. Very much like the "new" stand at Anfield (for anyone who hasn't seen check it out - now that is a feat of engineering to be impressed by).

Also shows that the footprint has been there all along to make a 30000 seater - could've made Williams 2.0 even bigger.

27,000 is pretty much spot on in my opinion. Any less would leave us short for the biggest games, and any more would mean the stadium would look more empty than full, more often than not.

If we were to become established in the Premier League, then it might not be enough. Even then I suspect it would be sufficient for the likes of Stoke and West Brom, once the novelty of top flight football has worn off. But that would be a very nice problem to have.

I would say they have a business plan, for the Premier League (i am not jumping the gun here), that takes into consideration the capacity.  As a capacity of say 27,000 - 33,000 is perfectly feasible for other teams, it certainly would be sufficient for us.

As TV money is more a factor than bums on seats when dealing with the bottom line, the capacity these days, is more of a how can we handle the demand rather than, if we dont fill the stadium we will go bust.

Stevo

Nicely judged, Chippers.

Bit of an illusion, but looks like the pitch should be goal-to-goal from the Dolman to the Williams, not Atyeo to the South Stand!

Though what this picture does show is the depth of which the new stand(s) will have, along with up-to-date quality.

Looking forward!

Indeed.. the Williams looks positively tiny.. be going soon.. hope fans go get lots of pictures for posterity. My fav stand.

Last weekend was the first time I had seen the new stand (only other game was earlier this season): can't wait to see the new Williams go up. The place is going to look great, albeit with a sad looking Ateyo.

Sod the Atyeo, thats going to be the punishment for away fans eventually!!

Archived