IGNORED

Leicester City Plastic Clappers

No we don't

And if it means plastic clappers etc definitely not for me thanks

The Premier League certainly has its faults but I can't understand why anyone would want to limit our ambition to the Championship.

As if trips to Old Trafford, Anfield and Villa Park would be so terrible.

The Premier League certainly has its faults but I can't understand why anyone would want to limit our ambition to the Championship.

Being a bit selfish but been there , done that and it is a dilemma because of course I want the club I love (and have followed through highs and mainly lows like most of us have) to be as sucessful as possible and continue moving forward

But

*personal opinion alert*

I simply despise the Premiership, the money, ticket prices, play acting, plastic fans, and I could go on an on

And it would be just about palatable if you are at least competitive - getting stuffed at Old Trafford, Anfield and Villa Park is no great fun

Many Burnley fans I've heard on radio etc haven't greatly enjoyed this season paying double their normal ticket prices and seeing their side to struggle to score a goal

It might not be the experience some may think

At whatever bizarre times and dates suit Sky's schedules :facepalm:

Don't disagree with any of the above. Like I said, plenty of faults with the Premier League but I'd still love to see us have a crack at it - particularly now we will have the stadium to match.

I do get what people are saying though - I follow Swansea as my second team, and a lot of my Swansea fan friends say they do miss the football league, but not enough to go back! Incidentally if we do manage it, I beleive Swansea are the blueprint.

Has to be said, perhaps I lack the immediate ambition & hopes of some but anyone who went through the early 80s should perhaps be extremely chuffed that we are still here, more than 'here' , we are back in the second tier with an owner most of us could only dream of, a stadium forming before our eyes, that I actually still can't quite believe / comprehend and we have an exciting period on the pitch to look forward to

Wasn't this what lots were saying in recent weeks ?

Certainly how I feel

I certainly won't be moaning if we get anywhere near having a chance of the play offs or even if the craziness continues a promotion slot but I do admit that it would come with my fear of our involvement in the Premier circus

I accept some/ many will find that hard to get there head around, just my personal view based on all I know and have experienced wth football

Ultimately what happens will happen , for what it's worth , watching SL in recent weeks, if we continue to make good decisions on the footballing side I do think he will get Bristol City into the Premiership , not necessarily in the next couple of years (even that I find hard to dismiss with our current momentum)

Despite my own views I do hope we do get to , what for many ,is seen as the 'promised land' as a large section of our fan base haven't had the pleasure of watching City at Old Trafford etc and I can understand the excitement and appeal to them.

As well as being lucky enough to have seen City in the top flight , I've also been lucky to have visited every major stadium in UK following City and England and most of the great stadiums in Europe following England and wouldn't want any personal wishes to come before denying those that haven't the opportunity as the very first visit to those amphitheatres, particularly to support the club (or country) you love is, undoubtedly a truly special experience

Premiership it is then, for the greater good !!!!!

(I'm grumpy now so I'll be ripe for a premiership grump boost by then ;) )

BobBob - genuine question - if we reached the playoff final next season, would you go, and what would your reaction be if we won?

Whatever my views

Yes I'd be there

And

As always I'd be in the top. %5 loony celebrators !!! :laugh:

Above all I love my club and could never ' not celebrate ' success and for the club , what will clearly be seen as progression

I'd feel Mr average middle aged at work whose had a drunken encounter with the attractive married girl in the office......three months later He's still having the affair, punching above his weight, but feeling guilty and knowing it's all gonna end soon !!!

Whatever my views

Yes I'd be there

And

As always I'd be in the top. %5 loony celebrators !!! :laugh:

Above all I love my club and could never ' not celebrate ' success and for the club , what will clearly be seen as progression

I'd feel Mr average middle aged at work whose had a drunken encounter with the attractive married girl in the office......three months later He's still having the affair, punching above his weight, but feeling guilty and knowing it's all gonna end soon !!!

Brilliant description  :thumbsup:

To be honest, If we were to get to the Premier League I'm not sure as a non resident of Bristol that I could be bothered to get a season ticket such is the headache of fixture dates and times being all over the place.

You could be in a situation where a 3pm kick off on a Saturday at home is once a month if you are lucky, I read Villa had one 3pm kick off on a Saturday in 3 months, this would be an absolute nightmare for people who work shifts, have children, live away from Bristol. I would probably watch the games on the net home and away.

I haven't got children but I guess it's like having your daughter (something you love / cherish dearly) watch fall in love with a smart, good looking , successful lad but one who has some worrying traits - you enjoy her excitement when she gets engaged and starts to plan their life together , but you're concerned how it will all end and what the experience will actually be like for her and how it will leave her feeling.

Blimey - think I'd better get back to Sunday Supplement on Sky as I'm getting a bit philosophical !!! :laugh:

Blimey - think I'd better get back to Sunday Supplement on Sky as I'm getting a bit philosophical !!! :laugh:

I agree with your views on the premier league entirely, but can't believe you can hold those views and then pay for Sky!

Sky are the one and only single reason that football has gone the way it has and by subscribing you are contributing to its continued ruination.

I subscribed to Sky for a long time and am ashamed that I ever did. Would never have it back now.

I agree with your views on the premier league entirely, but can't believe you can hold those views and then pay for Sky!

Sky are the one and only single reason that football has gone the way it has and by subscribing you are contributing to its continued ruination.

I subscribed to Sky for a long time and am ashamed that I ever did. Would never have it back now.

Fair point and I do agree with you that Sky shoulder a massive part in ruining the overall game but I subscribe not for the prem but for League Football, cricket and speedway, darts and the other odd offering is a bonus

I would like to follow your principle but value the rest of my sport too much

My ideal scenario would be for Sky to lose the premier league, to say BT and keep the rest with a greatly reduced subscription

No a boneys chance of that happening unfortunately

Fair point and I do agree with you that Sky shoulder a massive part in ruining the overall game but I subscribe not for the prem but for League Football, cricket and speedway, darts and the other odd offering is a bonus

I would like to follow your principle but value the rest of my sport too much

My ideal scenario would be for Sky to lose the premier league, to say BT and keep the rest with a greatly reduced subscription

No a boneys chance of that happening unfortunately

My ideal would be for Cricket to go back to terrestrial TV because that is the only thing I really miss with not having Sky.

They can keep the prem until they go bust and that goes to free-to-air TV as well.

I must admit though, that when City are on Sky if I'm not at the game I look up a Sky subscribing friend for the evening, so my principles aren't quite as stringent as I'd like them to be :P

Oh absolutely

Eutopia would be all sport back on terrestrial TV !!!!!!!

Unfortunately the horse has bolted and the beast has risen and is rising

I like most of us danced with , and still dance with the devil with our SKY , BT subscriptions but all because , ultimately we love our sport(s) and have a stark choice, dance with the devil or miss out completely :(

Oh absolutely

Eutopia would be all sport back on terrestrial TV !!!!!!!

Unfortunately the horse has bolted and the beast has risen and is rising

I like most of us danced with , and still dance with the devil with our SKY , BT subscriptions but all because , ultimately we love our sport(s) and have a stark choice, dance with the devil or miss out completely :(

Or support your local team ,whoever that may be..... :thumbsup:

Don't disagree with any of the above. Like I said, plenty of faults with the Premier League but I'd still love to see us have a crack at it - particularly now we will have the stadium to match.

I do get what people are saying though - I follow Swansea as my second team, and a lot of my Swansea fan friends say they do miss the football league, but not enough to go back! Incidentally if we do manage it, I beleive Swansea are the blueprint.

How can any city fan support a welsh team as well ??? I must have been brought up on a different planet cause i hate them with a passion !!!

Being a bit selfish but been there , done that and it is a dilemma because of course I want the club I love (and have followed through highs and mainly lows like most of us have) to be as sucessful as possible and continue moving forward

But

*personal opinion alert*

I simply despise the Premier League, the money, ticket prices, play acting, plastic fans, and I could go on an on

And it would be just about palatable if you are at least competitive - getting stuffed at Old Trafford, Anfield and Villa Park is no great fun

Many Burnley fans I've heard on radio etc haven't greatly enjoyed this season paying double their normal ticket prices and seeing their side to struggle to score a goal

It might not be the experience some may think

I feel exactly the same as you,in fact my nephew is a Burnley ST holder.

He said to me yesterday that he's looking forward to getting back to 'real football' next season.

Archived