IGNORED

Purple & Lime Final Batch Pre-Order

ChippenhamRed

The bit I find odd about this is that people were after this kit all season, why wait until it is over to cash in on the sales of it?

For the buyer, obviously good still as a memento of a fantastic season. Better to buy one at the end of a memorable year than in anticipation of an unknown future.

For the club - sheer disorganisation.

"You don't have to buy it" is not an excuse for overpricing.

Absolutely bang on. People defend overpricing in football with this statement ALL the time, weather it's tickets, shirts, pies or pints.

Yes you "don't" have to buy anything in life, but if a pint of milk was a tenner when you knew it was only worth a pound would it still be fair game? Course not.

They haven't made it any more expensive than it was before. Pointless comparison.

They are charging the same price for something that is now out of date and hence less valuable than it was before. Therefore it now represents poor value and in my opinion is unreasonably priced.

Just saying "if you don't like it don't buy it" is no argument in defence of any company overcharging for anything.

Absolutely bang on. People defend overpricing in football with this statement ALL the time, weather it's tickets, shirts, pies or pints.

Yes you "don't" have to buy anything in life, but if a pint of milk was a tenner when you knew it was only worth a pound would it still be fair game? Course not.

Thank you - thank goodness someone on here appreciates the point I am making!

They are charging the same price for something that is now out of date and hence less valuable than it was before. Therefore it now represents poor value and in my opinion is unreasonably priced.

Just saying "if you don't like it don't buy it" is no argument in defence of any company overcharging for anything.

There was a clear demand for more of what is an iconic shirt, it's not just 'another' strip.

Would want to know if we are having purple and lime again next year really, if yes then not a one off and I'll be happy to pay the price for a shirt we will wear in the coming season, if not then I'd really consider buying the shirt for that price if we aren't having purple and lime again anytime soon.

There was a clear demand for more of what is an iconic shirt, it's not just 'another' strip.

Be that as it may, and I don't disagree with you that it is an iconic shirt, nonetheless you are still asking supporters to pay full price for an out of date shirt at a time of the season when all other clubs are reducing theirs.

Would want to know if we are having purple and lime again next year really, if yes then not a one off and I'll be happy to pay the price for a shirt we will wear in the coming season, if not then I'd really consider buying the shirt for that price if we aren't having purple and lime again anytime soon.

I think that is what many others have said, including myself... just above here.

Simple seems to come with some difficulty at times in the BCFC marketing machine; I am being as polite as i can.

I do have some sympathy, however, it isn't old in the sense they have loads of stock lying around that they need shot of. Just because it's old colours doesn't make it cheaper to produce.

Its pretty clear that this is a final production run that they have decided to do because of the shirts popularity as it will not be returning next season. Has anyone read the official post on the website?. They don't even deliver till august. I ordered one last night. Its a new part of city history And I am very grateful of Bristol sport giving me a final chance to owning it.

Be that as it may, and I don't disagree with you that it is an iconic shirt, nonetheless you are still asking supporters to pay full price for an out of date shirt at a time of the season when all other clubs are reducing theirs.

I'm sure they will sell out of their order, put it that way. It's not an end-of-line sale, it's overwhelming demand. Clubs don't reduce their stock at the end of a campaign out of goodwill, it's so shift it.

Archived