IGNORED

Purple & Lime Final Batch Pre-Order

ChippenhamRed

if the new away was the same style as the new home kit, only in purple and lime, I cant see why they would order another batch of what would effectively now be an out of date kit.

Billingham previously asked on Twitter if anyone would like another opportunity to order the purple and lime shirt, and got a very positive response. However I wonder how many of those saying they would buy one had considered the possibility that the new away shirt would also be purple and lime, which does change things. I think you're probably right - this suggests the new away shirt will be another colour.

Is that a fact? Or just an assumption?

Admittedly an assumption, based on the fact that they haven't worn any kit for two seasons in a row since I can't remember when.

If it was to be retained as a third kit for next year, I would have expected them to mention that given they're now on sale again.

They sold it as a limited edition, but is that limited time or limited number? Well whatever, as it seems to have worked for us this season.

Trouble is even though we have the same sponsor,( I assume)this seasons kit is a different design to last seasons, so seems outdated, unless next seasons away shirt has a collar etc? I think that those that haven't already bought into the purple and lime idea and are late to the party may now buy these shirts, or risk not having a P&L choice next season, it's a gamble.

I would like to see P&L again though, maybe something totally different like the shirts that merge/graduate from one colour to another. I would want the purple to be 'strong' and the lime more Limey, almost glow in the dark (now there's an idea) and less green.

Have you noticed how many teams are playing in purple-ish colours, even the Swines had in on in their playoff match. Also loads of keepers are playing in cerise pink/purples. What about a pinkish kit, would love that!

Archived