IGNORED

Sub Basement Promotion Clash Official Thread

Aizoon

Non League Bristol Rovers to Basement Rovers. Massive congratulations to them they must be over the moon to be back at the bottom of the League. Whilst we'll be playing Florist, Derby, Leeds, Sheffield Weds next year they'll be playing Morecombe, Accrington and Newport County. Step up from Eastleigh, Dover and Alfreton admittedly but still a pile or horse s**t. Let them bask in their 'glory'. Mind the Gap!

On that performance I can see them getting relegated next season.

Daryl Clarke like to steal the lime light doesn't he. Very strange that instead of running to his players he done a hand solo and ran the gas fans at the other end of the ground, he does seem a bit of a pr1ck .

Daryl Clarke like to still the lime light doesn't he. Very strange that instead of running to his players he done a hand solo and ran the gas fans at the other end of the ground, he does seem a bit of a pr1ck .

Total knob, that embarrassing video to celebrating a narrow penalty win by doing that full lap.

Will be interesting to see him when they struggle next year.

You know the response you're gonna get so just feels like you're trolling for a reaction

On the contrary, just because my feelings may be in the minority this evening on this thread means I must be an attention seeker? Quite a ridiculously childish reply if ever there was one.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I am disappointed with the reaction but this thread is only a small minority of fans.. most positive Bristol sport fans are simply not here this evening. 'Markyou' perhaps being one of the few. The silent majority are happy for Rovers; because they do get it.

On the contrary; I am not a child.

I am disappointed with the reaction but this thread is only a small minority of fans.. most positive Bristol sport fans are simply not here this evening. Markyou perhaps being one of the few. The silent majority are happy for Rovers; because they do get it.

No I don't think so, do a straw poll outside AG first game of next season "are you happy rovers got promoted?" Yes or No - I'm certain the results wouldn't support your idea.

The only slight positive out of the whole situation is that there's more of a chance we get to give them a pasting in the league cup.

I am disappointed with the reaction but this thread is only a small minority of fans.. most positive Bristol sport fans are simply not here this evening. Markyou perhaps being one of the few. The silent majority are happy for Rovers; because they do get it.

Well I must be in the minority (along with everyone I know who actually goes to the Gate).

**** them.

Really? Not met one City fan at the ground ,at work, in any of my friends, family social circle who wanted Rovers to get promoted.

No I don't think so, do a straw poll outside AG first game of next season "are you happy rovers got promoted?" Yes or No - I'm certain the results wouldn't support your idea.

The only slight positive out of the whole situation is that there's more of a chance we get to give them a pasting in the league cup.

That would be a straw of straw polls would it not? But I fancy although you might be right it would not be an overwhelming 'no'.

Your last point is surely more than a slight positive.

Really? Not met one City fan at the ground ,at work, in any of my friends, family social circle who wanted Rovers to get promoted.

We mix in very different circles then. Anyway.. lets leave this discussion there.. Or I will anyway. I am glad they are back for reasons I have amply outlined; I would like nothing better for them to be one place behind us in whatever league that is... because that would mean a local derby every year and thats good fun and good for business. Goodnight all.

We mix in very different circles then. Anyway.. lets leave this discussion there.. Or I will anyway. I am glad they are back for reasons I have amply outlined; I would like nothing better for them to be one place behind us in whatever league that is... because that would mean a local derby every year and thats good fun and good for business. Goodnight Irene.

Havantopia

Loved your match day threads this season but please stop digging an ever bigger hole.

Daryl Clarke like to steal the lime light doesn't he. Very strange that instead of running to his players he done a hand solo and ran the gas fans at the other end of the ground, he does seem a bit of a pr1ck .

He's an absolute tit. Just a shame that his "I'm still Darrell from the block" routine didn't come back to bite him on the arse.

On the contrary, just because my feelings may be in the minority this evening on this thread means I must be an attention seeker? Quite a ridiculously childish reply if ever there was one.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I am disappointed with the reaction but this thread is only a small minority of fans.. most positive Bristol sport fans are simply not here this evening. 'Markyou' perhaps being one of the few. The silent majority are happy for Rovers; because they do get it.

Don't agree with that all as its a wider scope that City fans were disappointed that the Sags managed to skank their way back into the basement.

Not confined just to 'this thread and a small minority of fans'

Don't agree with that all as its a wider scope that City fans were disappointed that the Sags managed to skank their way back into the basement.

Not confined just to 'this thread and a small minority of fans'

Never trust people claiming to speak for "the majority", especially silent ones; tends to be the course of those attempting to taking the moral high ground when there isn't any.

Prefer people speak for themselves and be prepared to defend their position with reasoning, not insults and non-existent groups of folks they've probably made up.

They really are a deluded bunch of morons aren't they? G*s fans claiming to be "proud" of the players and glad they have their "rovers back". Honestly is embarrassing.

On a separate note I am absolutely ashamed to admit that for my wedding in August one of my two best men is a g*shead and one of my ushers is as well! Days like today make that a little annoying....

They really are a deluded bunch of morons aren't they? G*s fans claiming to be "proud" of the players and glad they have their "rovers back". Honestly is embarrassing.

On a separate note I am absolutely ashamed to admit that for my wedding in August one of my two best men is a g*shead and one of my ushers is as well! Days like today make that a little annoying....

You still have the satisfaction of that they came 2nd in a league full of part-time clubs and just scraped a pens win to gain promotion to the lower echelons of the football league.

You still have the satisfaction of that they came 2nd in a league full of part-time clubs and just scraped a pens win to gain promotion to the lower echelons of the football league.

Very true mate. That does still offer some satisfaction for sure! My word the standard in the conference is desperately poor.

Archived