IGNORED

Qpr And Caulker

Super

Will be down here next season.

Can't imagine he'll struggle to find offers from Premier League clubs this summer.

Always surprised me Rodgers never took him to Liverpool; he's made it clear he rates him highly before, and would fit both their needs (Premier League football, and a quick centreback).

Depends what the football league do about the humungeous fine they were going to apply to QPR. Didn't they say if the R's didn't pay up they would be relegated straight out of the football league? The fine was massive IIRC. QPR v the sags in the bananarama?

Can't imagine he'll struggle to find offers from Premier League clubs this summer.

Always surprised me Rodgers never took him to Liverpool; he's made it clear he rates him highly before, and would fit both their needs (Premier League football, and a quick centreback).

He's been poorly advised with the best of intentions: the move to Cardiff was dreadfully thought out. Not half the player he was or promised to become.

Really? He is nowhere near premier league quality.

He's been poorly advised with the best of intentions: the move to Cardiff was dreadfully thought out. Not half the player he was or promised to become.

Can't disagree; looked every bit the part at Swansea, but simply cannot fathom why he decided Cardiff was a logical location to head after doing well in a turbulent period for Tottenham.  Still think he has time on his side; easy to forget he only turned 23 this season, probably because he came here so young.

Really? He is nowhere near premier league quality.

Think he's played enough football (over 200 games; most in the Premier League) and is young enough for managers to take a chance on him, and to improve.  Will have worked with Sherwood at Spurs, and could easily see him going there.

If not, he'll be a very decent player at Championship level.

Look at Burnley, and how they've worked tirelessley all season to try and avoid the drop. Same goes for Leicester, and Villa once Sherwood came in, to pull themselves clear.

Then look at this absolute shambles of a QPR side. A rabble of mercenaries who don't give a shit as long as they're getting paid.

Look at Burnley, and how they've worked tirelessley all season to try and avoid the drop. Same goes for Leicester, and Villa once Sherwood came in, to pull themselves clear.

Then look at this absolute shambles of a QPR side. A rabble of mercenaries who don't give a shit as long as they're getting paid.

It will be somewhat... ironic if the fact they did very much seem to be an expensive collection of strangers this season end up leading them to have to face the fact they spent their way out of the Championship last time around.

Still; all signs point to them avoiding what would be a crippling fine, and may even let them off scott-free.

He was obviously different class during his time here.

He's gone backwards though. Two consecutive relegations and hasn't coveted himself in glory. Be interesting to see where he goes from here. Cardiff & QPR were very poor career choices but he's hardly looked above either of those clubs.

He was obviously different class during his time here.

He's gone backwards though. Two consecutive relegations and hasn't coveted himself in glory. Be interesting to see where he goes from here. Cardiff & QPR were very poor career choices but he's hardly looked above either of those clubs.

For all the jokes we make about bringing back ex-players, regardless of the performance of his teams the last two seasons, he's one I'd take back in a heartbeat - at Championship level, and as part of the squad we have now, he'd undoubtedly be an asset.  Of course; zero chance that'll happen - if he's playing Championship football next season, it'll be for QPR, if only because his wages must be mental.

He's a Championship player

There is a reason why he has been a part of two relegated Premier League teams

Well no...

When he played for Swansea in the prem he was getting rave reviews most week. Not sure why he didn't return there! He was also Cardiff's best player but that was a move he should have never of made. It was obvious they would go down, as it was obvious QPR would. I think money talked with Caulker but also the possibility of playing with Rio Ferdinand might have persuaded him to join QPR. I think he'll stay there next season and no doubt they will go back up, should they get a decent manager that is.

For all the jokes we make about bringing back ex-players, regardless of the performance of his teams the last two seasons, he's one I'd take back in a heartbeat - at Championship level, and as part of the squad we have now, he'd undoubtedly be an asset.  Of course; zero chance that'll happen - if he's playing Championship football next season, it'll be for QPR, if only because his wages must be mental.

I think everyone would have him back here. It's just a shame he has not kicked on and gone on to be the quality premier league defender he looked like he would be. There's still time for him though, so hopefully he turns it around.

Caulker is far too good for the Championship.

About time he got some decent advice and got himself a decent, established, and stable club at the right end of the Premier League.

He should have had a lot more England caps by now.

There is a reason for that. He isn't good enough.

Archived