IGNORED

Qpr And Caulker

Super

Well no...

When he played for Swansea in the prem he was getting rave reviews most week. Not sure why he didn't return there! He was also Cardiff's best player but that was a move he should have never of made. It was obvious they would go down, as it was obvious QPR would. I think money talked with Caulker but also the possibility of playing with Rio Ferdinand might have persuaded him to join QPR. I think he'll stay there next season and no doubt they will go back up, should they get a decent manager that is.

Not so sure about that !!

Club is a right mess, with a huge fine hanging over it.

An ageing squad that will need to be totally rebuilt (maybe only 3 of today's starting team will remain). It might be too much to turn around that quickly.

Just a query should QPR drop straight to the Conference due to FFP regs.

That would leave the League one club short, so would Cheltenham be reinstated  :fingerscrossed:

or would both teams in the Conference play off final be allowed into the League? :no:

He's a 23 year old lad that's played about 120 premier league games and once for England.

It does amaze me on here how people dismiss and judge players by watching the odd 10 minutes of him on match of the day.

Yes, maybe his career has stalled but come on guys he's 23

It amazes me that people build up someone who is just plain average.

Just a query should QPR drop straight to the Conference due to FFP regs.

That would leave the League one club short, so would Cheltenham be reinstated :fingerscrossed:

or would both teams in the Conference play off final be allowed into the League? :no:

History would suggest that Cheltenham would stay up, along with the last relegation places in Divs 2 & 3.

Caulker has been inept since he's left spurs. Whenever I've seen him this season he just hasn't cared.

Perhaps a good championship player but no thanks if it means breaking the bank

I'm sorry but that is absolute nonsense. His mannerisms are not that of someone who doesn't care, it is of someone who has completely lost his confidence. He seems to find it hard to concentrate.

Calling his professionalism into question is very harsh.

He's gone backwards over the last two seasons, no question about that. But he has shown that he's capable in the past, he was a key part in Swansea's first season in the Premier League so there's no doubts about whether he's Premier League quality. Just chosen the wrong clubs over the past two seasons.

Interesting to see it laid out so explicitly.

Only thing here is the fact it states they'll not be subject to that fine until the legal challenge is complete; suggests they are looking for a route to get around it.

Still, would prove interesting if they were denied entry to the league; what would that mean in terms of teams being promoted/relegated?  Reprieve from Cheltenham?

No doubt Higgs is working on replacing them in the championship.

Interesting to see it laid out so explicitly.

Only thing here is the fact it states they'll not be subject to that fine until the legal challenge is complete; suggests they are looking for a route to get around it.

Still, would prove interesting if they were denied entry to the league; what would that mean in terms of teams being promoted/relegated?  Reprieve from Cheltenham?

Millwall would stay up, Notts County would stay up and Cheltenham would stay up with QPR taking cheltenhams place in the conference(thats if the conference would have them)

Millwall would stay up, Notts County would stay up and Cheltenham would stay up with QPR taking cheltenhams place in the conference(thats if the conference would have them)

In a situation like this, where QPR have effectively dodged their punishment for as long as possible and seem to now be attempting to get out of it, I wonder how forgiving the League will be on them.

In a situation like this, where QPR have effectively dodged their punishment for as long as possible and seem to now be attempting to get out of it, I wonder how forgiving the League will be on them.

they've already punished leeds and forest for breaking FFP rules imposing a transfer ban and fine (I think), if the FL lose this case then the whole of the professional game (because the prem is a different entity) will be thrown in to choas as it would ineffect make FFP illegal, opening up all kinds of lawsuits against the Football league as a whole,

Its going to get very messy,

they've already punished leeds and forest for breaking FFP rules imposing a transfer ban and fine (I think), if the FL lose this case then the whole of the professional game (because the prem is a different entity) will be thrown in to choas as it would ineffect make FFP illegal, opening up all kinds of lawsuits against the Football league as a whole,

QPR's approach in their promotion season, if the figures being discussed are true, made a complete mockery of what they are attempting to enforce with FFP.

Being that the rumour is they pay top six wages, they'll have a 'interesting' time paying off the players they've recruited if they do indeed get slung out of the league.

Someone called them the next Portsmouth; at least Portsmouth were able to keep playing league football when their financial woes hit.

QPR's approach in their promotion season, if the figures being discussed are true, made a complete mockery of what they are attempting to enforce with FFP.

Being that the rumour is they pay top six wages, they'll have a 'interesting' time paying off the players they've recruited if they do indeed get slung out of the league.

Someone called them the next Portsmouth; at least Portsmouth were able to keep playing league football when their financial woes hit.

I wouldn't class them as the next portsmouth because of their owner, his net worth is about 500 million,

tho with the recent airline disasters that may be alot less,

etherway they are in trouble next season with many players vastly overpaid,

I wouldn't class them as the next portsmouth because of their owner, his net worth is about 500 million,

tho with the recent airline disasters that may be alot less,

etherway they are in trouble next season with many players vastly overpaid,

True.  Guess it is more the fact they might go from Premier League to bottom of the league (or out of it) pretty fast.

I agree and without compromise I imagine this is going to rumble on for a very long time.

I must admit I do sympathise with QPR. As is typical of football, rules and regulations are pushed through before the detail has been fleshed out. As it is no-one can seemingly truly understand what FFP is, what its scope is, how it applies, what is definitely excluded from FFP and most importantly, explain it.

I think QPR are absolutely correct to challenge FFP this way and IMO the first biggest casualty of it was always going to challenge it and is also almost duty bound to challenge it - both for the beenfit of themselves, other clubs and the football league in defining whether FFP is legal, whether it is enforceable and if not why not.

Very few industries exist where enforceable rules prevent trading. Football is littered with rules with at least the appearance of being enforceable - transfer windows, no fixtures during internationals, no right to appeal certain dismissals (such as two yellow cards) and now FFP.

Like it or not, speculating to accumulate may be a sound business decision taken on sound principles - football through regulations which apply only in this country seek to prevent someone from doing just that.

I agree and without compromise I imagine this is going to rumble on for a very long time.

I must admit I do sympathise with QPR. As is typical of football, rules and regulations are pushed through before the detail has been fleshed out. As it is no-one can seemingly truly understand what FFP is, what its scope is, how it applies, what is definitely excluded from FFP and most importantly, explain it.

I think QPR are absolutely correct to challenge FFP this way and IMO the first biggest casualty of it was always going to challenge it and is also almost duty bound to challenge it - both for the beenfit of themselves, other clubs and the football league in defining whether FFP is legal, whether it is enforceable and if not why not.

Very few industries exist where enforceable rules prevent trading. Football is littered with rules with at least the appearance of being enforceable - transfer windows, no fixtures during internationals, no right to appeal certain dismissals (such as two yellow cards) and now FFP.

Like it or not, speculating to accumulate may be a sound business decision taken on sound principles - football through regulations which apply only in this country seek to prevent someone from doing just that.

The problem is, QPR would of had to agree to all the Football League Rules and Regulations prior to recieving their golden share for the 2013/14 Season,

The football league will have that in writing and will have them banged to rights,

Personally I fthink the 58 million will be reduced but will still be a multi million pound fine with QPR being place under a embargo, only able to sign free transfers to get a squad size of 22

The problem is, QPR would of had to agree to all the Football League Rules and Regulations prior to recieving their golden share for the 2013/14 Season,

The football league will have that in writing and will have them banged to rights,

Personally I fthink the 58 million will be reduced but will still be a multi million pound fine with QPR being place under a embargo, only able to sign free transfers to get a squad size of 22

I doubt it is banged to rights. Competition law (if there is a breach thereof) will trump a contract, which may be entirely unenforceable in any case, for example one line you'd argue perhaps is there was no 'meeting of the minds' - ie we've not agreed to be bound by the same things because we both understood FFP to act in different ways.

Archived