IGNORED

Fair Play To Sean Dyche

DT The Optimist

ex City defender.  had a hard time down here and reminds me a lot of El*ad  in the way he played the game, and the way things worked out for him.  All very similar to that player now at Bury who was a 'cult' for Brighton before he came here !

Great player at Chesterfield, but never reproduced that form for us in a struggling side.  Recall him getting subbed in a match (think it was wolves at home and we were 4 or 5 down, and a great cheer went up when he was subbed).

Think he as done really well at Burnley and always comes across really well.  Interesting to see what happens but I would be surprised if he was not still the 'gaffer' at the start of next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32674875

Another similarity is perhaps our ex keeper Tom  Heaton (top keeper) and deserved to play premier league. He is of similar stature to Frankie F.  Neither particularly big for a keeper but both great shot stoppers.    

I would be amazed if heaton wasn't back in the prem next season, the guy is massively underrated!

I would be amazed if he is. I doubt there will be enough movement of number 1's for someone to buy him, and he left United to play games so it'd take someone to bring him in as and to be number 1.

Stoke possibly, but with Butland on their books I doubt it.

I would be amazed if he is. I doubt there will be enough movement of number 1's for someone to buy him, and he left United to play games so it'd take someone to bring him in as and to be number 1.

Bournemouth could do a lot worse than Heaton.

Boruc was only on loan from Southampton, and though he's done well for them, Heaton has age and recent top level experience on his side; if I was in Howes' shoes I know which I'd splash out on.  Can't imagine Boruc would be on more than Heaton wage-wise as well, being that Burnley are notoriously tight in that area,

Talking of Butland.. nice season long loan or even prize him away from Stoke. he is third choice? .. 'he's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming,, Jack is coming home. :)

Talking of Butland.. nice season long loan or even prize him away from Stoke. he is third choice? .. 'he's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming,, Jack is coming home. :)

He's started Stoke's last two games and Begovic is rumoured to be off, we'd have about as much chance of signing Petr Cech.

He's started Stoke's last two games and Begovic is rumoured to be off, we'd have about as much chance of signing Petr Cech.

Am slightly amazed I've yet to see a thread about Cech being available this summer.

But, to be fair; expensive for a back-up to Frankie...

Dyche was very unlucky when a City player being hampered by a serious back injury. I'm sure that effected his performances in a City shirt. During his injury lay-off I saw him training alone on the AG pitch. He was running, turning and obviously working on overcoming his injury by putting in extra work.

I also remember him putting through his own goal and getting booed by the AG faithful. He picked the ball out of the net put it under his arm and ran back to centre spot with head up. That impressed me greatly.

Dyche is a natural leader of men and earns their respect by his simple honesty and "tell it as it is" manner. No surprise to see him go into management and do so well with Burnley and its no disgrace to get relegated from the PL. QPR are also down and promoted sides usually struggle with the massive quality gap between the PL and the championship.

Maybe one day he'll manage City.

Dyche was very unlucky when a City player being hampered by a serious back injury. I'm sure that effected his performances in a City shirt. During his injury lay-off I saw him training alone on the AG pitch. He was running, turning and obviously working on overcoming his injury by putting in extra work.

I also remember him putting through his own goal and getting booed by the AG faithful. He picked the ball out of the net put it under his arm and ran back to centre spot with head up. That impressed me greatly.

Dyche is a natural leader of men and earns their respect by his simple honesty and "tell it as it is" manner. No surprise to see him go into management and do so well with Burnley and its no disgrace to get relegated from the PL. QPR are also down and promoted sides usually struggle with the massive quality gap between the PL and the championship.

Far too much water has flowed under the bridge for Dyche ever to manage at AG. Also think they will do well next season, having practically the same team that got them promoted last year.

He was a complete t@2t at AG

He was a complete t@2t at AG

He was carrying a progressively worsening back injury throughout his stay at City. It had big impact upon his performances.

He gets uneccessary criticism from some on here. Those who don't appreciate the fact he was injured for most of his City career.

ex City defender.  had a hard time down here and reminds me a lot of El*ad  in the way he played the game, and the way things worked out for him.  All very similar to that player now at Bury who was a 'cult' for Brighton before he came here !

Great player at Chesterfield, but never reproduced that form for us in a struggling side.  Recall him getting subbed in a match (think it was wolves at home and we were 4 or 5 down, and a great cheer went up when he was subbed).

Think he as done really well at Burnley and always comes across really well.  Interesting to see what happens but I would be surprised if he was not still the 'gaffer' at the start of next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32674875

Another similarity is perhaps our ex keeper Tom  Heaton (top keeper) and deserved to play premier league. He is of similar stature to Frankie F.  Neither particularly big for a keeper but both great shot stoppers.    

I think Robbored gives a very good summary of Sean's time here. Not sure of him as a future City manager but I am sure that Robbo , like me, would welcome back Lee Johnson if his star continues to rise.

As for comparing Dyche with Adam El-Abd- Dyche was a very committed player but not very talented whereas I think Adam probably is but I've rarely seen him play in a game for us when I didn't think he was a tackle or tug away from being sent off.

Injured or not, Dyche was a car crash here. The only comparable centre half I can recall is Damion Stewart. Complete rubbish.

Nice chap though and I thoroughly like him as a manager even though he sounds like he could do with a pack of strepsils.

I wrote a letter to Sean Dyche when he was at City,the one and only letter I have written to a City player.

My letter was on the lines of, not letting the City fans who were giving him stick get to him, as a lot of us could see he was giving 100% etc etc.

Two days later I received a hand written letter back thanking me,he said he would prove people wrong etc etc.

I've still got his letter,and have total respect for the bloke.

He's someone you would want by the side of you if you were in the trenches.

He's very well thought of up these ways.

Burnley will bounce straight back, no doubt, like City they are a very together unit and they work their socks off for each other.

Despite living in YORKSHIRE, Burnley are one of the closest clubs to me, next season I've got quite a few games on my doorstep, Hudderfield & leeds being the closest.

Dyche never struck me as someone who'd make excuses, so I thought it very revealing that when interviewed a few years ago that he said his spell with us was hampered by the most unprofessional medical treatment of his entire career, which seeing as our physio at the time seemed to only have the job because he would only wear a T-shirt in winter might not be far from the truth.

I wrote a letter to Sean Dyche when he was at City,the one and only letter I have written to a City player.

My letter was on the lines of, not letting the City fans who were giving him stick get to him, as a lot of us could see he was giving 100% etc etc.

Two days later I received a hand written letter back thanking me,he said he would prove people wrong etc etc.

I've still got his letter,and have total respect for the bloke.

He's someone you would want by the side of you if you were in the trenches.

That's good to read Bill. I to always liked Sean Dyche probably after I'd seen him training alone at AG trying to overcome his injuries. His dedication impressed me then and earned my respect. Most of us know that he was never fit enough for us to see him at his best but despite that he gets vilified by some om here.

I'd previously heard him on the radio after he'd taken a penalty in a FA cup shoot out during Chesterfields cup run some years ago. It was the first penalty he'd ever taken and he stood up to take it as captain as he didn't want to put the pressure on other players. That impressed me as well. He came over as a top bloke.

He's one guy that I'd really like to meet and the other one was Richie Benaud but sadly it's too late to meet him.

Injured or not, Dyche was a car crash here. The only comparable centre half I can recall is Damion Stewart. Complete rubbish.

Nice chap though and I thoroughly like him as a manager even though he sounds like he could do with a pack of strepsils.

My memories of him involve him looking back in despair as nippy forwards by-passed him as easy as going around a cone in the training ground.

Still it's Pulis who was the ****t for playing him while injured. That can't have done him any good. From what folks say, it sounds like he had the right attitude.

He was carrying a progressively worsening back injury throughout his stay at City. It had big impact upon his performances.

He gets uneccessary criticism from some on here. Those who don't appreciate the fact he was injured for most of his City career.

That's right, fighting with your own team mates during a game is perfectly acceptable !!

Archived