IGNORED

Player Attacked.....

Vincent Vega

We should have more free love during pitch invasions, and less violence.

Somewhat controversial I know, as generally public unrestrained coupling between consenting adults is frowned upon in our society.

But when you stop and think about it, it's only two people being nice to one another and making one another happy.

If we had lots more of this during pitch invasions (or just during shopping trips to be perfectly honest), and less thumping, the world would be a happier place :)

Humping not thumping?

Did the same people claim that they weren't rivals as were "obsessed" by them? I very much doubt it. For me they are cheating scum who we are well rid of. If that's "obsession", count me in.

well there were plenty who did both, so while I don't keep tabs on who considers different teams rivals I am confident that there were a fair few people who did that

The vast majority of pitch invasions are harmless lets be honest, also again lets be honest how often do they happen? Its rare to non-exsistent in the top flight and only happens in the football league in the last few games of the season..

Mountain being made out of a mole hill me thinks.

Until the alleged assault on a football player is properly investigated one should think twice before suggesting its trivial. Punched, kicked and spat on does not sound like a mole hill or is that the norm in your strange mind? Even the Preston players were being severely harassed by a drunken and frenzied mass... That was not in good spirits.

Pitch invasions are for numb heads and the few who simply wish to touch the hallowed turf and have a dance. Sadly the former seems to be in the ascendency yet again.. Its quite pathetic and as others have said the real and proper and decent reason for a pitch side run about as we should be calling it and not an 'invasion' is to celebrate not attack, fight or harrass . Some people will never get it though and they don't deserve to be let through a turn stile.

I think if i was in charge i would probably set up 'fight and acid boxes' u pay a small fee to get in like 20 quid... For that u get an acid pill, u then get strapped into a comfy chair and once u are high to aggro levels u get let lose into the inner box where u can tear your opponent apart. These could be set up on sink estates and should have the desired effect of satisfying the amoebic urges of the dross of society. If that fails maybe we should strap 'sewage' tubes to future rocket launches and catapult them into perpetual orbit.

I think if i was in charge i would probably set up 'fight and acid boxes' u pay a small fee to get in like 20 quid... For that u get an acid pill, u then get strapped into a comfy chair and once u are high to aggro levels u get let lose into the inner box where u can tear your opponent apart. These could be set up on sink estates and should have the desired effect of satisfying the amoebic urges of the dross of society. If that fails maybe we should strap 'sewage' tubes to future rocket launches and catapult them into perpetual orbit.

Sounds like a description of Prime ministers question time

well there were plenty who did both, so while I don't keep tabs on who considers different teams rivals I am confident that there were a fair few people who did that

Swindon are obviously "rivals" in the context of this season - or were until that glorious Tuesday night. That is not the same as being, for want of a better word, "enemies". (Although the cheating scum are most definitely that)

The Gas are enemies but not rivals, and Sheffield United were rivals but not enemies.

I loathe and despise MK Dongs, and they are still enemies but no longer rivals.

Get it?

There is also the use of "rivals", in the sense of local teams competing for the same support. At the moment, there aren't any :)

Probably the same lot of *****s thst lost their bottle on the way back to the station, there was 3 of us confronted by 12 ish around 6 more city came around the corner and still outnumbered they legged it.

Real shame; as had we a really nice pre match walk and chat with a couple of old time season ticket holders, they were sure that they'd blow it and we were sure they would go up automatically..........when I suggested they'd walk the play offs, their faces went White, it was then I learnt that they'd previously got to the play offs 9 times without one single promotion.

10th time lucky...hmmmmmmm

Will people PLEASE stop using the Isle of Wight as an example!!

It's a special case where the islanders voted for a single MP for the whole island, rather than two shared with bits of Hampshire. It's s complete red herring :facepalm:

But its not fair old chum. Sorry for dat! in fact the most extreme is IOW and Western Isles which has an electorate of just 21,000 .. should be tagged on to the mainland... got nothing to do with local issues which will remain locally governed.

But its not fair old chum. Sorry for dat! in fact the most extreme is IOW and Western Isles which has an electorate of just 21,000 .. should be tagged on to the mainland... got nothing to do with local issues which will remain locally governed.

Yes, but the electors of the IoW chose to be under-represented, so that they had a single MP who spoke only for the island. It's pure bollocks to cite it as an example of unfairness.

Fine until the next Bradford fire :(

If stadiums have sufficient fire exists (which all new stadia like Wembley do) then there is no need for fans to escape onto the pitch. The solution at Wembley eliminates the crush risk like the old pens used to have ie Hillsborough, and stops fans getting on the pitch. If it was any sort of risk they wouldn't have been able to install it.

Swindon are obviously "rivals" in the context of this season - or were until that glorious Tuesday night. That is not the same as being, for want of a better word, "enemies". (Although the cheating scum are most definitely that)

The Gas are enemies but not rivals, and Sheffield United were rivals but not enemies.

I loathe and despise MK Dongs, and they are still enemies but no longer rivals.

Get it?

There is also the use of "rivals", in the sense of local teams competing for the same support. At the moment, there aren't any :)

I have no trouble 'getting it' but there was no obsession with mk dons though, nor with Sheffield united

If stadiums have sufficient fire exists (which all new stadia like Wembley do) then there is no need for fans to escape onto the pitch. The solution at Wembley eliminates the crush risk like the old pens used to have ie Hillsborough, and stops fans getting on the pitch. If it was any sort of risk they wouldn't have been able to install it.

Not only that, but I'd imagine, 30 years on, there are very few wooden stands around.

Most stadia will be made from that well know combustible, concrete.

Yes, but the electors of the IoW chose to be under-represented, so that they had a single MP who spoke only for the island. It's pure bollocks to cite it as an example of unfairness.

'Choosing' and 'pure bollows' are poor reasoning tools that wash no water with me!! Hahahaaaaa!!!!!!

Million times more important than what i think is the fact that constituency sizes WILL be changing. IOW might get a lucky break but that is all it will be. Take u live or were born on the rock then?

And since there are sufficient fire exits we should have no problem bringing back moats... That'll keep the riff raff out.

Failing that there should be CCTV running the entire perimeter of the ground which snaps at will if its breached... Pitch invasions are, lets be clear, illegal.

'Choosing' and 'pure bollows' are poor reasoning tools that wash no water with me!! Hahahaaaaa!!!!!!

Million times more important than what i think is the fact that constituency sizes WILL be changing. IOW might get a lucky break but that is all it will be. Take u live or were born on the rock then?

Oh dear. Just pointing out why the IoW is a special case, by the wish of its electors. No personal interest. Prolly better to use another example to back what is a very powerful argument.

And since there are sufficient fire exits we should have no problem bringing back moats... That'll keep the riff raff out.

Failing that there should be CCTV running the entire perimeter of the ground which snaps at will if its breached... Pitch invasions are, lets be clear, illegal.

Or necklaces that explode when you cross the white line....simple but effective  :thumbsup:

Archived