IGNORED

Player Attacked.....

Vincent Vega

Shouldn't take the Police long to round up all the fans who were there and identify the culprit judging by the empty seats!!

But disgraceful behaviour that is absolutely worthy of an investigation on this occasion. I'll expect you'll get a few defending it though - high spirits and all that carp. Gives the game a bit of "edge" blah blah blah. Massive fine and possibly other sanctions I would have thought.

I watched the pitch invasion and frankly thought it was an assault not just on him but on other players as well including Preston.. if not assault then severe harassment.. just don't need it and the stewards and police were utterly impotent in crowd control... trying to rip shirts off, pushing the players non stop it was bang out of order. Lowest level amoebas we still have to put up with at a sports stadium. Bring the birch back or conscription... its the only way me babbers. soft underbelly of these thickheads.

Shouldn't take the Police long to round up all the fans who were there and identify the culprit judging by the empty seats!!

But disgraceful behaviour that is absolutely worthy of an investigation on this occasion. I'll expect you'll get a few defending it though - high spirits and all that carp. Gives the game a bit of "edge" blah blah blah. Massive fine and possibly other sanctions I would have thought.

Probably same people that think Chris Lines deserved a slap last week. Knuckle draggers

One Preston fan moaning that Evatt tried to swing for a couple of them and had to be dragged away by a couple of his own players. Of course he bloody well did - if you were doing your job and had just seen the chance of a promotion blown away and some numpty comes up to you in the office, on site or wherever and spits at you and throws punches at you it's fair to assume that you would be within your rights to have a pop back!!

Perhaps they think if there thug of a centre forward can get away with it then so can they!!

That was the other argument used by the minority. As Evatt had been very physical with Paul Gallacher during the game it was perfectly acceptable to run on the pitch as a fan and do the same thing to him!!

This is why any sort of pitch invasion will shortly be a thing of the past. Hopefully not with a return to the "pens". Clubs that don't stop it happening are eventually going to be heavily fined or deducted points. Playing a number of games behind closed doors is also another likely punishment. Sad development :sad26: .

The love in on here became embarrassing

as I've said before their forum contains some of the most foul mouthed brain dead 'football supporters' I've ever come across and their support contains more than their share of little chav idiots

As for complaining about any centre half treating that vile piece of shite Garner roughly - laughable, simply laughable

as I've said before their forum contains some of the most foul mouthed brain dead 'football supporters' I've ever come across and their support contains more than their share of little chav idiots

As for complaining about any centre half treating that vile piece of shite Garner roughly - laughable, simply laughable

the only thing that's been embarrassing about the forum this season was the obsession with Swindon after so many had been proclaiming that they didn't see them as rivals

Probably same people that think Chris Lines deserved a slap last week. Knuckle draggers

.yep youre probably right!..sags deserve everything they get as far as im concerned. .before you come out with more crap i wouldnt hit a player the only time ive had a row on a pitch was nothing to do with the players it was when sheff utd came on the pitch at ag all those yrs ago.on the other hand players giving it the big un in a pub is a stupid thing to do end of no matter where!!!

as I've said before their forum contains some of the most foul mouthed brain dead 'football supporters' I've ever come across and their support contains more than their share of little chav idiots.. couldn't agree more..the chavs where about when we where up there giving it large.never liked them end of.

Didn't Holloway get attacked when running off the AG pitch by some ot our "fans"?

I heard him say during an interview years later that it was the most frightening experience of his life.

Warnock claimed he got punched during the pitch invasion after the Palace game too.

Can't wait to hear more thoughts from the "proper club , proper fans- hope they come up with us" and "the pitch invasion is fine and stopping it is the sanitisation of football" brigade.

The vast majority of pitch invasions are harmless lets be honest, also again lets be honest how often do they happen? Its rare to non-exsistent in the top flight and only happens in the football league in the last few games of the season..

Mountain being made out of a mole hill me thinks.

the only thing that's been embarrassing about the forum this season was the obsession with Swindon after so many had been proclaiming that they didn't see them as rivals

Did the same people claim that they weren't rivals as were "obsessed" by them? I very much doubt it. For me they are cheating scum who we are well rid of. If that's "obsession", count me in.

We should have more free love during pitch invasions, and less violence.

Somewhat controversial I know, as generally public unrestrained coupling between consenting adults is frowned upon in our society.

But when you stop and think about it, it's only two people being nice to one another and making one another happy.

If we had lots more of this during pitch invasions (or just during shopping trips to be perfectly honest), and less thumping, the world would be a happier place :)

The vast majority of pitch invasions are harmless lets be honest, also again lets be honest how often do they happen? Its rare to non-exsistent in the top flight and only happens in the football league in the last few games of the season..

Mountain being made out of a mole hill me thinks.

You are pretty much right in terms of the vast majority being harmless. But like it or not the one or two idiots who apparently attacked Evatt today will ruin it for the rest who take part harmlessly. The FA will start docking points to clubs who will then have to be much tougher in their stance to supporters. Friendly pitch invasions will become a thing of the past as the FA will come down hard on ALL pitch invasions.

So if you think football is becoming "sanitised" blame the idiots who invade pitches and spit at players before trying to kick and punch them.

Archived