IGNORED

Swindon Gladwin

Jesus

We need to be on this guy. Really rate the lad. Another reason to want Swindon to stay down.

On another note, Swindon have never really been on my radar as a rival, bit I'm starting to have a firm hatred of them this season.

On another note, Swindon have never really been on my radar as a rival, bit I'm starting to have a firm hatred of them this season.

Agree with that. Never even considered them a rival before November, and now they're up there with the Welsh inbreds.

Agree with that. Never even considered them a rival before November, and now they're up there with the Welsh inbreds.

Same here. Never understood their fascination with us, but after this season I have nothing but loathing for them.

There has been needle between City and Swindon for many, many years. Do a you tube search of Bristol City v Swindon in the 1980s and you'll get just as much off field action as on. Rovers are our biggest rivals but depending on who is in our division Swindon and Cardiff compete for second top.

There has been needle between City and Swindon for many, many years. Do a you tube search of Bristol City v Swindon in the 1980s and you'll get just as much off field action as on. Rovers are our biggest rivals but depending on who is in our division Swindon and Cardiff compete for second top.

And of course Plymouth, Yeovil, Cheltenham, Swansea....Basically who ever is nearest in the division you are in at the time.

So never Rovers again.

And of course Plymouth, Yeovil, Cheltenham, Swansea....Basically who ever is nearest in the division you are in at the time.

So never Rovers again.

I wouldn't put Yeovil or Cheltenham in the same league for rivalry as Plymouth or Swansea!

This

I've enjoyed Swindon becoming a real rival again this season, I've no problem with them coming up in order to keep it going either

I'd rather Preston won, but if it happens then great. Them and Cardiff next season will be brilliant

One of my first experiences of terrace japery was Swindle away in '81 (or was it '82?)

One of my first experiences of terrace japery was Swindle away in '81 (or was it '82?)

An interesting day out to be sure, was that the one the Press got their head up their arses when we sang "we'll be back" on the way out ?

I think that Byrne would be the most obvious player of theirs that we would want to sign. The reason for this being he can offer competition for both little and freeman.

Also nobody in this post has mentioned Michael Smith (unless I have missed it). Earlier on in the season quite a few were singing his praises. He had a very good game against us at their place and a good first half of the season. He's finished on 15 odd goals, is still young and would be a good long term replacement for wilbs. Furthermore he'd cost a lot less than Matt Smith overall.

Swindle will never compete with Cardiff. They are a family club, all from the same family!

Also nobody in this post has mentioned Michael Smith (unless I have missed it). Earlier on in the season quite a few were singing his praises. He had a very good game against us at their place and a good first half of the season. He's finished on 15 odd goals, is still young and would be a good long term replacement for wilbs. Furthermore he'd cost a lot less than Matt Smith overall.

I have mentioned Smith. Totally agree - fits that big man type player SC will be after... Took his goal well last night.

Archived