IGNORED

Paul Lambert's Norwich

Kingswoodactor

SSN just been asking him what the key is to getting promotion from the Championship. His answer? He had a great dressing room with a great bunch of lads whom he kept together following their promotion from League 1. 

Sounds like it could be something similar to the atmosphere in our current dressing room, and hopefully this will be us in 12 months time!  :thumbsup:

SSN just been asking him what the key is to getting promotion from the Championship. His answer? He had a great dressing room with a great bunch of lads whom he kept together following their promotion from League 1.

Sounds like it could be something similar to the atmosphere in our current dressing room, and hopefully this will be us in 12 months time! :thumbsup:

2008 anyone? Less talented squad (although easier championship) = play off final....

2008 anyone? Less talented squad (although easier championship) = play off final....

This team would have walked thst league in 2008 :-(

I still think momentum will see us part through to a good season, if we add quality upfront, on the right and in the middle of the park (3/4signings), then I can see us being in the play off shake up.

The difference between the leagues- admittedly; through watching mostly on TV is how clinical the vast majority of strikers are at championship level and above. This season we've scored from all positions, next season we will need the same impact plus that killer instinct up top. I'm sure the powers that be will have every piece of the puzzle in place asap. For once were in good hands!!!!

SC has already displayed a refreshing pragmatism/ruthlessness over the retained list (Elliot not offered a playing deal; JET let go) and I hope that is part of him stamping his "I'm a winner" mentality on the club.

Imagine that we'd be looking to keep as many (if not all) of this year's standout performers, and that should form a solid foundation. Next step is how we build and move forward from that in terms of signings.

Let's not start getting ahead of ourselves and over expecting.

Safety is number one priority first of all. Mid table would be fine and anything even resembling any sort of play off challenge would be great.

It's going to be a whole different league (literally) next season and very tough.

Let's not start getting ahead of ourselves and over expecting.

Safety is number one priority first of all. Mid table would be fine and anything even resembling any sort of play off challenge would be great.

It's going to be a whole different league (literally) next season and very tough.

I prescribe 2 teaspoons of ambition 3 times a day sir

I prescribe 2 teaspoons of ambition 3 times a day sir

It's certainly not a case of lacking ambition. It's simply a case of not heaping too much pressure on the boys ahead of what will be a big step up in the new season.

If everyone wants/expects the play offs, then there is a fair chance we will be disappointed at a mid table finish, which in truth would be very acceptable in our first season back.

This team would have walked thst league in 2008 :-(

I still think momentum will see us part through to a good season, if we add quality upfront, on the right and in the middle of the park (3/4signings), then I can see us being in the play off shake up.

The difference between the leagues- admittedly; through watching mostly on TV is how clinical the vast majority of strikers are at championship level and above. This season we've scored from all positions, next season we will need the same impact plus that killer instinct up top. I'm sure the powers that be will have every piece of the puzzle in place asap. For once were in good hands!!!!

I doubt it, the majority wouldn't have been out of high school.

Archived