IGNORED

Best City Goals You Have Seen?

simon uk

Flints Rabona Volley on the last day.

Couldn't even tell he had done it from where I was in the Williams and not the most spectacular I've ever seen, hell it wasn't even the the most spectacular Flint scored that day, but it wins hands down for me because I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be able to say to people....

"The day we were crowned champions, our centre half scored a hat trick- One of which was a Rabona volley, we won 8-2"

Seriously... Look at the 4 things in that sentence! Mental.

Jimmy Mann scored a belter at Bolton in the opening game of the '78/79 season (?)

Edge of the box and facing away from goal. He flicked over his head, swiveled before the defence could react and fired past the keeper.

I wasn't at the game but I am certain it was one of the two featured games on Match of the Day with City winning 2-1.

Come to think of it, It must've been on TV because I remember watching it!!!

I searched on Google for it without any luck. I think it was August 19th 1978, so anyone with any spare time may want to search. 

Goals that I witnessed?

Too many to mention.

Newport I think, won 3-1.

Definitely Newport. Amazing, that was the goal I immediately thought of on reading the thread title. Was in the paddock in the Grandstand and just watched him run through their entire team. Think that was in the dark days of a sub 5000 crowd for a local derby.

I seem to have a random memory of David Seal scoring a screamer of a volley, in front of the Atyeo stand, possibly in it's first season or 2 but I've never been able to find a clip of it. Did I dream it?

I seem to have a random memory of David Seal scoring a screamer of a volley, in front of the Atyeo stand, possibly in it's first season or 2 but I've never been able to find a clip of it. Did I dream it?

I don't think you dreamt it - I can remember him scoring a goal like that. Been racking my brain for ages now but still can't remember who it was against.

Two goals... both at home to Northampton (I think)...

1. Carl Shutt from about a yard inside the East End corner flag.

2. David Seal from about a yard away from the dugouts into the top corner of the Atyeo goal.

But without doubt my favourite ever goal was Joe Jordan's last. Home to Gillingham in 1989 as player-manager substitute. Absolute screamer!

My fav Bob taylor promotion season at the gate 40 yard pile driver..... And then he pulled up injured sadly :-( also Barnard screamer of a volley from edge of the box 90's ish

I remember that one. Absolute belter. I think it was against Crewe and super Bob got a hat-trick. His injury was the death knell for our title bid that season.

Archived