IGNORED

Cant Be Arsed To Read All Of The Forum - Blbr Attendance At Wemberley

SuperFly2002

28k is still a very good attendance for what was a terrible game with terrible football, just think with our 40k and the additional 28k, one club in bristol would be competing with the heavyweights of the Premier League.

Im pretty sure there would have been a fair amount of cross over with neutrals who went to both games, but yes, it does show the potential support that could be attracted by Premiership/European football, were it ever to happen.

I would lather go back to league one and stay there though, than merge with that vermin.

Im pretty sure there would have been a fair amount of cross over with neutrals who went to both games, but yes, it does show the potential support that could be attracted by Premier League/European football, were it ever to happen.

I would lather go back to league one and stay there though, than merge with that vermin.

I'd be amazed if there were more than a couple of hundred neutrals that attended both Wembley games this season.

I would suggest that there aren't many people with no interest at all that suddenly decide to go just because a game is at Wembley. Much more likely are people that identify themselves as City or rovers fans but for whatever reason very rarely get along to games, but made the effort for Wembley.

Also, a lot of people took along wives/girlfriends/children etc that never normally attend as well.

None of these people are going to switch from one side to the other and go to Wembley twice.

Getting some good nibbles mentioning they only took 26000 fans to their biggest game in their history. Got one trying to tell me they took 35000 because "Clem said so on BT sport" fantastic.

I've heard this, it doesn't tally up with the official figures, 47000 total attendance...12000 Grimsby Which would mean NO tickets for the neutral section had been sold throughout the season, which of course is bollocks.

They had 28k max, the only reason they're claiming 35k is because even they aren't so thick to think they can claim more and they think it sounds more respectable. Its obvious to me that many of the ones I know are chuffed to be back in the football league but gutted they got nowhere near our total for the JPT.

I guess they now realise it's much easier to take 40,000 fans to Wembley when the stadium is brand new (as in 2007) and all the hangers on just want to see it for the first time.

Archived