IGNORED

Difference Between Managers

taxidriver999

Through all our celebrations & there were many as we know, Steve Cotterill kept his dignity, only allowing himself to show his emotions on a couple of occasions. Still he obviously enjoyed these celebrations.

Whereas we have Darrell Clarke, singing with fans in a local pub a week BEFORE the game & then slagging off Grimsby Town in a video which has got into the hands of the local Grimsby newspaper.

I know which manager I prefer.

Been discussing this today.  Find it amusing the difference in opinions on his latest video.

Rovers fans are practically creaming themselves on facebook over it, where as if this was a City manager....I wouild cringe and would seriously question his proffesionalism.  I mean...one video was bad enough and you can almost forgive it as being a bit wet behind the ears....but twice?!?!

Personally, I think the bloke is an attention seeking dick head.  Summed it up for me when they socred the winning penalty, he ran off in the complete oppositie direction to his players, to lap it up with the fans....almost like it was "look at me...look at me".

This bloke will come unstuck in the next league up.  Managers cant be "one of the lads"....its all well and good when the good times are rolling, but when it starts getting tough....he will fall flat on his mush and will lose the dressing room very quickly.  Those players dont respect him has a manager.  When the time comes and he has to be hard on them.....it wont work.

Compared to Cotterill....who on our teams celebration night out, he went for the meal, then let the lads have their night out.  Brilliant.  Just as it should be. 

What cracks me up the most though....is the fans.  They are making him out as if he is some kind of messiah, a legend...yet, guarantee if they are sniffing round the bottom half come November, they will want him out and will once again be calling for the return of Bonehead.

......ironically another manager who was once a messiah.....and was then driven out.....

Been discussing this today. Find it amusing the difference in opinions on his latest video.

Rovers fans are practically creaming themselves on facebook over it, where as if this was a City manager....I wouild cringe and would seriously question his proffesionalism. I mean...one video was bad enough and you can almost forgive it as being a bit wet behind the ears....but twice?!?!

Personally, I think the bloke is an attention seeking dick head. Summed it up for me when they socred the winning penalty, he ran off in the complete oppositie direction to his players, to lap it up with the fans....almost like it was "look at me...look at me".

This bloke will come unstuck in the next league up. Managers cant be "one of the lads"....its all well and good when the good times are rolling, but when it starts getting tough....he will fall flat on his mush and will lose the dressing room very quickly. Those players dont respect him has a manager. When the time comes and he has to be hard on them.....it wont work.

Compared to Cotterill....who on our teams celebration night out, he went for the meal, then let the lads have their night out. Brilliant. Just as it should be.

What cracks me up the most though....is the fans. They are making him out as if he is some kind of messiah, a legend...yet, guarantee if they are sniffing round the bottom half come November, they will want him out and will once again be calling for the return of Bonehead.

......ironically another manager who was once a messiah.....and was then driven out.....

Agree - by all accounts Cotterill used to be a bit like Darrell - one of the lads with his players. Looks like he's matured and we're reaping the benefits.

This is what happens when we don't have one thread merged together which mentions the 15'ers.

Absolutely this

Yep, officially bored of constant Rovers threads.

:mf_sleep:

And this.

I have consistently hated the gas but now the sheer numbers of new gas related threads is getting silly. 

Come on Mods- surely a merged thread as a one stop shop where we can vent our feelings on that horrid little excuse of a club?

I watched the highlights on BBC of our victory against Walsall at Wembley and after the final whistle there was a few seconds where the camera fixed on Cotts and you could see in his face that he was desperate to shout "GET THE **** IN!" but he maintained his dignity. Even in the interview with 'Clem' he was full of praise for the team the fans (City and Walsall) and the Walsall players but insisted there was still a job to do in the League....total professional.

Dancin Daryl Clarke angrily squeaks pissed up vitriol in the direction of a newspaper who had the nerve to point out that his chants of "Going Up" the other week may bite him on the ass. I think he's a young inexperienced manager who is desperate to be liked, undoubtably there's some talent there but I think both videos of him in boozers and the image of him sprinting across the pitch yesterday are cringeworthy. Mind you, saying all that, it's exactly the sort of thing Gasheads would lap up.

Who do you mean?

Didn't the bit above give it away? ' calling for the return of Bonehead '

What did Dancin Darrell say about Grimsby, I've obviously missed that

The videos of him out on the piss singing the songs with the fans after the FGR game were a complete embarrassment. I wouldn't want the manager of my club doing that, and I suspect, or I'd like to think, that most G*sheads are the same - surely?

Wow.  That is breathtakingly embarrassing.  Someone needs to have a word.

If it was any other club I'd imagine words would be had. But R*vers are run in such an amateur way I assume nothing will be said.

The really cringe-worthy thing is that when the first video appeared the Grimsby Telegraph by no means slated him for it, merely brought it to attention. Second video appears with Clarke drunkenly shouting "b@stards" at them!

Looks like he may have a drink problem.

Personally I think he fits the clubs persona by acting like a complete and utter clown. Well done Darrell.

Lets not forget that picture of one of their players putting their dick on the trophy. Even in a rare high for them they still manage to complete embarrass themselves.

Personally I think he fits the clubs persona by acting like a complete and utter clown. Well done Darrell.

Lets not forget that picture of one of their players putting their dick on the trophy. Even in a rare high for them they still manage to complete embarrass themselves.

Saw that last night, presumed it was doctored....you're saying that was for real?

What a classless **** (insert name here) is......I didn't recognise him, don't watch non league football

If it was any other club I'd imagine words would be had. But R*vers are run in such an amateur way I assume nothing will be said.

The really cringe-worthy thing is that when the first video appeared the Grimsby Telegraph by no means slated him for it, merely brought it to attention. Second video appears with Clarke drunkenly shouting "b@stards" at them!

Looks like he may have a drink problem.

Well that blood orange flavoured bulmers sure is strong stuff,I think that third pint pushed him over the edge.

Through all our celebrations & there were many as we know, Steve Cotterill kept his dignity, only allowing himself to show his emotions on a couple of occasions. Still he obviously enjoyed these celebrations.

Whereas we have Darrell Clarke, singing with fans in a local pub a week BEFORE the game & then slagging off Grimsby Town in a video which has got into the hands of the local Grimsby newspaper.

I know which manager I prefer.

Is there a link to the video

Personally I think he fits the clubs persona by acting like a complete and utter clown. Well done Darrell.

Is there a link to this pic?

No class whatsoever

Archived