IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

WTFiGO!?!

The man's got our shit together. I doth my cap to the great man's excellence.

Only concern is next season, when we will inevitably lose more games than this.

My dear old Mother reckons he can't carry on like he did at Colchester, he's gonna have to keep his cool.

Thoughts, friends ...

I quite like his attitude to defeat. As far as he is concerned at 2:59pm on Saturday he has picked the team and prepared the players to win 3 points come 5pm on Saturday.

I must be honest I didn't hear too many sour grapes the season before and this season when we have lost okay he has generally mentioned some external factor, but on each occassion I haven't thought he was necessarily unjustified. Funnily enough, I think we need a few more defeats to be able to level this accusation at him.

I quite like his attitude to defeat. As far as he is concerned at 2:59pm on Saturday he has picked the team and prepared the players to win 3 points come 5pm on Saturday.

I must be honest I didn't hear too many sour grapes the season before and this season when we have lost okay he has generally mentioned some external factor, but on each occassion I haven't thought he was necessarily unjustified. Funnily enough, I think we need a few more defeats to be able to level this accusation at him.

I agree, let's see how we go.

It's mainly the Colchester as prime example.

"We lost the game fair and square.

On the same note check out the timings of our subs over the season, I realise it's not the same as feigning injury (which I think is terrible as football may end up in a boy cries wolf scenario) but it's still gamesmanship.

Yep I agree.

Can't knock him at all for anything he's done over the last season and a half. Absolutely top notch.

But, football and everyone involved with it invariably have short memories and opinions can change in the blink of an eye.

SC has been brill for us but, as others have alluded to, being bitter in defeat quickly gets boring and we will probably lose more than five games next season. If so I'd hate SC to resort to blaming everything except the fact we may not have been as good as the other team.

I used to laugh my head off at Gerry Francis' post match interviews when he was Sag manager, whilst being incapable of looking at the camera and keeping loyal to his 'Alan Biley' barnet, he blamed the shape of the ball, the length of the grass, the weather, the ref etc etc on just about every occasion when they lost.

It got tired and we must avoid that....

I can't remember Cotterill being bitter in defeat in 13/14 when we were regularly losing

Exactly, the only times he is angry is if he feels the team has let him down or he feels there's been an injustice.

Colchester was the only example of sour grapes, although he was clearly raging from the first half performance.

Fair shout, chaps.

We will lose more in the next 12 months.

Getting in a piss (like we do) and accepting losing like gentlemen is the difference.

Our expectations need tempering. Think we can learn about supporting, after our spectacular season.

I can't remember Cotterill being bitter in defeat in 13/14 when we were regularly losing

Tbf we put a good run together in 13/14. Think we lost at Rotherham and that was it.

My point was, we can't go losing our heads if things don't go for us next season.

Right then we are assuming that Cotts is gonna be on a melt down because we will be losing (mostly) which will result in discontent and he will resign in a tantrum, Steve will appoint another Coppell like come SOD manager, we will suffer double relegations whilst the Gas will go the opposite way, all of which will result in SL selling the club to Sainsbury's who will turn it into a superstore.

My point is, we have just enjoyed a fantastic season and have the summer to reflect, but still as is OTIB we have to find a chink of doom and despair just to show how a few on here are sooo clever and insightful.

Listen Cotts is a winner, he hates losing, great just great, so do I , if you rather we have a manager without the passion and the will to win, there are plenty willing to feel his boots.  

If this is genuinely a honest conversation about Steve Cotterill and next season, in which nobody resorts to abuse, then I really hope we improve our squad to play his system to a higher level as the good championship teams will stifle us, or he really needs that plan b that we clearly didn't have last season.

Next year will be a challenge.

Right then we are assuming that Cotts is gonna be on a melt down because we will be losing (mostly) which will result in discontent and he will resign in a tantrum, Steve will appoint another Coppell like come SOD manager, we will suffer double relegations whilst the Gas will go the opposite way, all of which will result in SL selling the club to Sainsbury's who will turn it into a superstore.

My point is, we have just enjoyed a fantastic season and have the summer to reflect, but still as is OTIB we have to find a chink of doom and despair just to show how a few on here are sooo clever and insightful.

Listen Cotts is a winner, he hates losing, great just great, so do I , if you rather we have a manager without the passion and the will to win, there are plenty willing to feel his boots.

You've gone extreme the other way.

This is a fans forum and we do scrutinise, too much it seems.

My only doubt is Steve Cotterill going ballistic at this that and the other when we switch off for half an hour.

I agree though, he's a winner.

Tbf we put a good run together in 13/14. Think we lost at Rotherham and that was it.

My point was, we can't go losing our heads if things don't go for us next season.

Not sure about that. Yes we ended strongly but our fortunes only changed after we got absolutely hammered at Brammall Lane. After that defeat listening to Cotterill it genuinely seemed like all hope was lost, he even admitted we were abysmal. It looked like we were destined for the drop at that point. Up to then Cotterill had managed just 17 points in 14 games, a few bad losses and a lot of draws, but I don't remember him being bitter in any of those games. This season however I agree he has taken defeat very badly but personally I find it hilarious when he goes mental haha

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

In the Championship we're more likely to be outplayed and less likely to encounter bad pitches. We're probably more likely to inflict unjust defeats on teams than to receive them. I wouldn't expect to hear Cotterill moaning too much, but I would expect to hear it from the opposition managers he's just beaten.

Not sure about that. Yes we ended strongly but our fortunes only changed after we got absolutely hammered at Brammall Lane. After that defeat listening to Cotterill it genuinely seemed like all hope was lost, he even admitted we were abysmal. It looked like we were destined for the drop at that point. Up to then Cotterill had managed just 17 points in 14 games, a few bad losses and a lot of draws, but I don't remember him being bitter in any of those games. This season however I agree he has taken defeat very badly but personally I find it hilarious when he goes mental haha

Have it on first hand authority that SC went ******* mad at Sheffield U.

Archived