IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

WTFiGO!?!

Yes but not to the media, he wasn't bitter at all he seemed pretty distraught and admitted we were abysmal, that's the point I was making. No doubting he went mental at the players

he keeps stuff that happens in the changing rooms their, he seems to be a very good man manager, look how he handled jet,

Perhaps not the best example to be fair, Jet was let go but had a unique talent, so in footballing terms that was a fail, as far as handling him further what do you mean?

Thats not a fail. Let go because he will not be good enough for the championship, in his opinion. Its called managing your assets and he so far proven to be damned excellent at it.

You've gone extreme the other way.

This is a fans forum and we do scrutinise, too much it seems.

My only doubt is Steve Cotterill going ballistic at this that and the other when we switch off for half an hour.

I agree though, he's a winner.

He does like to rant but look at the likes of Pulis and many others in the dugouts, to me I would rather see passion in a manager than a laid back demeanour. One size doesn't fit all in a manager, we happen to have a 'bit of a psycho' in the nicest possible way, the sort we have not had as far as I can recall.

Thats not a fail. Let go because he will not be good enough for the championship, in his opinion. Its called managing your assets and he so far proven to be damned excellent at it.

Agree he has, but Jet would be good enough for the Prem let alone the Championship, if he could manage his fitness. I reckon that is the only thing that holds him back, witness the Herbalife period, such things like diet and fitness is laid down by the club, but if the player does not apply himself then this is the outcome. Remember Jet reported back last summer unfit, that would not have helped his cause.

Perhaps not the best example to be fair, Jet was let go but had a unique talent, so in footballing terms that was a fail, as far as handling him further what do you mean?

Sort of agree with you.

What is brill about football is how players like JET totally divide opinion.

My opinion is that you hold on to guys who are brilliant at 'playing' football. Great technical, skillful players who make the fans gasp because they just can't do what these players can.

You simply have to build a team around these types, not banish them.

If Glenn Hoddle was Brazilian he would have won 150 caps, not the paltry number he got with England. The same goes for the genius that is Matt Le Tissier.

One of my fave footy stories is the tale about Alan Ball's (RIP) first team talk as Southampton boss, he apparently just looked at all the players in the dressing room, pointed at Le Tiss and said 'Just give the ball to him' and walked out.

I do hope that is true!!

Hoddle was the best player I've ever seen 'live' - there just has to be a place for guys like him and JET in any team...

So that would be 'second hand' info.

Just nit picking.

Not quite.

He would have first hand info (info from someone who was there).

You would then have the second hand info (info from someone who had first hand info).

Just nit picking. ;)

Archived