IGNORED

Have You Got Any Images Of The City From 1909 Onwards

oldstandrobin

As a lot of Otib know I have rebuilt a 1966 Vespa which will commemorate our best year for decades. Unfortunately, all the images and correspondence were put on a memory stick which being an old git, I have lost. If anyone has any good images that I can put on the scooter, they will be greatfully received. Please email them to davejcoombs@btinternet.com. Below is the nearly finished scoot

IMG_55271_zps2mcjhvao.jpg

How things change.

In my scooter riding days no-one would be seen dead on a Vespa. It had to be a Lambretta otherwise you'd be subjected to scorn with your creditibilty reduced to zero.

My last Lambretta was re-bored 225 but sadly I crashed it and wrote it off on a dark and wet winter road. Nearly killed myself as well and that seriously put the shits up me. I bought a second hand Mini Cooper after that. Brilliant car and great fun and best of all it turned out to be a babe magnet. Just what you need when when your only 19.

How things change.

In my scooter riding days no-one would be seen dead on a Vespa. It had to be a Lambretta otherwise you'd be subjected to scorn with your creditibilty reduced to zero.

My last Lambretta was re-bored 225 but sadly I crashed it and wrote it off on a dark and wet winter road. Nearly killed myself as well and that seriously put the shits up me. I bought a second hand Mini Cooper after that. Brilliant car and great fun and best of all it turned out to be a babe magnet. Just what you need when when your only 19.

Perhaps I will stick to the Ford Ka...but nice machine nevertheless.

How things change.

Re-Bored............oh i see

If you were around back in the early 70's you'd know that the largest cc scooter that Lambretta did was 200. That's why to get a bit more power the 200 was frequently re-bored up to 225cc.

I think you could actually bore it out to 238cc but ran the risk of it blowing up.

How things change.

Got an Li 150 in pieces in the shed if your interested RR.

How things change.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

In the 60s I had a Vespa Sportique. Much more class than a common Lambretta. Vespa's had a slight design flaw, with the engine on the left hand side, but this could easily be overcome by leaning to the right. As a result I've spend the last 50 years walking at an angle of 45 degrees to the right.

Lovely scoot chief!

At one of the National Scooter Rallies last year I saw one in blue and white with horrible horrible images of Mehew, Penrice et al all over it!

I nearly puked with disgust (or was that the Natch?!) but it ruined my day!

Fair play to you for your beautiful scoot, hope you get the images you are looking for mate...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

In the 60s I had a Vespa Sportique. Much more class than a common Lambretta. Vespa's had a slight design flaw, with the engine on the left hand side, but this could easily be overcome by leaning to the right. As a result I've spend the last 50 years walking at an angle of 45 degrees to the right.

Yes, i had a bright yellow VESPA 200, Like shit of a greasy shovel !

Lovely scoot chief!

At one of the National Scooter Rallies last year I saw one in blue and white with horrible horrible images of Mehew, Penrice et al all over it!

Fair play to you for your beautiful scoot, hope you get the images you are looking for mate...

Thats why I have done it, cant have a Gas Scoot without a CHAMPIONS scoot :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How things change.

Robbo, know what you mean I had a series 2 Lammy then a kid came to school one day on a brand new modded up Vespa GS160, lost my heart to it  and had to change girl friends to get over it. Now have Lammy's and Vespa's and a bl***y bad backache :laughcont: :laughcont: :laughcont: :laughcont: :laughcont:

Surely Aizoon's got some selfies  taken at Ashton Gate  when he was a lad in 1909 .

aizoon_zpsiqicke5w.png

Aizoon sent me this showing him with his Xmas present from Pope's Cycles down Dean Lane and smoking some old rough Shag from Will's in Raleigh Road. Cheers mate

I know the guy that owns it, there was a rumour a while back because of the age he may have had to retro fit indicators. I jumped straight in and offered to drill holes in it  :cool:

Does ruin a nice Scoot.

Archived