IGNORED

Can Bristol Become Britain's Barcelona?

KernowRed

Top marks for taking the time to type it out.

I don't think the parallels to Barcelona do Bristol City or Bristol Sport any favours. The models are incomparable without thinking of Agard v Neymar!!

The boom and bust model was of Mr Lansdowns choosing. He chose to run the club past its income, its his club, he owns it, all debt has not been written off and it is very lucky that he can afford to rectify those errors.

I hope that Bristol Sport do take on some of the traits of Barcelona and become a sporting organisation that also focuses heavily on grass roots sport and sees junior clubs being tied into a regional framework via coaching and support.

As long as Lansdown's investment in other sports within Bristol doesn't diminish his interest and funding of City then it can only be a positive! Would be good to see the Rugby club back in the Prem and also see Bristol teams top of their respective games such as the basketball team.

Football isn't the only sport people are interested in! 

Well done Cornish, appreciate that.

If anyone wants to do a 30 day free on line subscription to the telegraph you can then find the article in full and download or copy and paste it here.

Was it May 20th?

Strangely, the article no longer seems to appear on the Telegraph web site. Although, it is available on the IPad version, which doesn't allow copy & paste.

Tried to upload a photo, but the file was too large!

Strangely, the article no longer seems to appear on the Telegraph web site. Although, it is available on the IPad version, which doesn't allow copy & paste.

Tried to upload a photo, but the file was too large!

I am going to have a rummage.

Did you register? If not it might be hard to find

Archived