IGNORED

Regan Poole

If we can offer him first team football without the need for him to relocate I think we've got a good chance. If Ayling is moved to RWB as some have alluded to, he could replace him in the back three.

He would be very young to be playing first team football, but if he's good enough and we are confident we can make a profit on him in the future, why not? 

As i mentioned in the transfer rumours thread, if Liverpool and Cardiff are also in for him (as the article suggests) then i can't see us having much chance of getting him.

Liverpool hold the big club card whereas Cardiff offer the local club with a clearer path into the first team card. We offer the same as Cardiff but i'd expect them to be ahead of us in the pecking order.

As i mentioned in the transfer rumours thread, if Liverpool and Cardiff are also in for him (as the article suggests) then i can't see us having much chance of getting him.

Liverpool hold the big club card whereas Cardiff offer the local club with a clearer path into the first team card. We offer the same as Cardiff but i'd expect them to be ahead of us in the pecking order.

I agree unfortunately. Looking at his twitter he's retweeted stuff about Liverpool taking him on trial which indicates he's proud of that - he's from Cardiff too. I imagine the only chance we have is if we can offer him first team football and he's guided towards that by parents/agent. He's still only young so may not want to move away - clutching at straws a bit there.

Surely if this is public knowledge we don't stand much chance of getting the lad. Don't these stories normally come from the agents listing clubs interest to bump the price up.

That said he does fit with the brief to buy young, nurture and sell at a profit. He does seem like a decent prospect. It's a shame he's just tasted premier league life with a week long trial at Liverpool (Bristols' other team).

Surely if this is public knowledge we don't stand much chance of getting the lad. Don't these stories normally come from the agents listing clubs interest to bump the price up.

That said he does fit with the brief to buy young, nurture and sell at a profit. He does seem like a decent prospect. It's a shame he's just tasted premier league life with a week long trial at Liverpool (Bristols' other team).

Not agent talk this one. We put a bid in before he went on trial to Liverpool.

Thing is though Liverpool look like they are going to spend big again in the summer surely limiting any chance of an early first team breakthrough.

and looking at them yesterday most of the spending needs to be on it's defence.

Not agent talk this one. We put a bid in before he went on trial to Liverpool.

Would be the sort of player I hope we'd be aiming for, and certainly we're at the stage squad size-wise where he could realistically expect game time next season if bought for that purpose.

Here's hoping he doesn't choose to sit in a Prem reserve team rather than go for a realistic chance at first team football.

I beg to differ about Crapdiff's chances over ours. Same division now, their stock seems to be falling and ours, fingers crossed, will continue to rise. First team football on and off is a better bet for his development compared to Liverpool.

It's not necessarily about the stock though. As things are, Cardiff are still a bigger club than us. Regan Poole is Welsh and from Newport and that makes him far more likely to have an affiliation already to Cardiff and far more likely to want to stay local (I know Bristol isn't very far at all but still...).

I probably agree with you that our stock is rising as opposed to Cardiff's which is currently falling but I honestly don't think those outside the club will either see that or give it that much clout at the moment. To be honest, there's probably not a great deal in it and to be fair we are a bit biased and also a bit derogatory towards Cardiff.

If we are interested in this kid I find it a little strange why we didnt offer Aron Davis a better deal stay here instead of selling him to Fulham Aron is 10x the player Regan Poole is .

It really does not make sense .

He will not be bought for the 1st team,as SC as already told Jack Batton he is surplus to requirments as he is to young to play for the 1st Team this is why Jack Batton went on trial at wolves at the tail end of last season .

Wolves wanted to sign him but we wanted too much money for him and wolves pulled the plug .

All this talk of first team football is somewhat premature. He'll only provide competition to Frankie and the chances of displacing him in the short term are probably pretty slim.
He'd only be a squad player at a smaller championship club as opposed to a squad player in a premier league club, enjoying better facilities and, arguably better coaching and wages...
If I was his agent, or his parents, I'd be pushing for a premier league move followed by season long loans to a championship club.

This season will definitely show what kind of club we're perceived to be at a higher level, with the kind of talent we can attract. It's not all about wages, but facilities, player support mechanisms and development.
If we're as big or as much on a par with our league rivals, then we shouldn't be missing out on too many...

All this talk of first team football is somewhat premature. He'll only provide competition to Frankie and the chances of displacing him in the short term are probably pretty slim.

He'd only be a squad player at a smaller championship club as opposed to a squad player in a premier league club, enjoying better facilities and, arguably better coaching and wages...

If I was his agent, or his parents, I'd be pushing for a premier league move followed by season long loans to a championship club.

This season will definitely show what kind of club we're perceived to be at a higher level, with the kind of talent we can attract. It's not all about wages, but facilities, player support mechanisms and development.

If we're as big or as much on a par with our league rivals, then we shouldn't be missing out on too many...

He's not a goalkeeper!

He'll only provide competition to Frankie and the chances of displacing him in the short term are probably pretty slim.

Wait; are we still taking about Regan Poole here?

The lad is a defender, so not sure whether you've popped in the wrong name, or not read the link, but could very well imagine him being in with a realistic chance of first team games next year, even at his young age, as other than those in the first 11, we've only one other recognised central defender.

If we are interested in this kid I find it a little strange why we didnt offer Aron Davis a better deal stay here instead of selling him to Fulham Aron is 10x the player Regan Poole is .

It really does not make sense .

He will not be bought for the 1st team,as SC as already told Jack Batton he is surplus to requirments as he is to young to play for the 1st Team this is why Jack Batton went on trial at wolves at the tail end of last season .

Wolves wanted to sign him but we wanted too much money for him and wolves pulled the plug .

10x, that's quite a claim! Has Batten been on trial with Liverpool and United?

10x, that's quite a claim! Has Batten been on trial with Liverpool and United?

And if Aaron Davies is so good why are Fulham still in the race to sign Poole themselves?

Regan Poole is one of the hottest young talents around. Just 16 yrs of age big strong & comfortable on the deck. Already played 10+ games at first team level in L2. Wales looking to fast track him to the U21's already, trials at Man U & Liverpool within he last year.

I do look out for & enjoy Redarmy's Academy posts but having watched both Davies (When at City Academy) and Regan Poole for Newport I would personally rather have the latter so find the '10x' remark a tad bizarre.

And if Aaron Davies is so good why are Fulham still in the race to sign Poole themselves?

Regan Poole is one of the hottest young talents around. Just 16 yrs of age big strong & comfortable on the deck. Already played 10+ games at first team level in L2. Wales looking to fast track him to the U21's already, trials at Man U & Liverpool within he last year.

I do look out for & enjoy Redarmy's Academy posts but having watched both Davies (When at City Academy) and Regan Poole for Newport I would personally rather have the latter so find the '10x' remark a tad bizarre.

I too appreciate his insight, although it always appears to be a bit doom and gloom about the academy!

Reckon he'll go to Cardiff, Cardiff born, has a lot of friends here (I live in Cardiff), they're interested, he played for their academy, Wales under 17.... just can't see him joining us. Would love to be proven wrong though, that said Liverpool are also interested in him, if he's not level headed and just wants to get to the top ASAP he may make that decision, or if they offer him good money that could influence him.

Archived