IGNORED

Regan Poole

Reckon he'll go to Cardiff, Cardiff born, has a lot of friends here (I live in Cardiff), they're interested, he played for their academy, Wales under 17.... just can't see him joining us. Would love to be proven wrong though, that said Liverpool are also interested in him, if he's not level headed and just wants to get to the top ASAP he may make that decision, or if they offer him good money that could influence him.

Exactly what i think.

If he wants a big club he'll got to Liverpool. If he wants to remain local and have better chances of first team football he'll go to Cardiff. We won't even feature i expect.

And if Aaron Davies is so good why are Fulham still in the race to sign Poole themselves?

Regan Poole is one of the hottest young talents around. Just 16 yrs of age big strong & comfortable on the deck. Already played 10+ games at first team level in L2. Wales looking to fast track him to the U21's already, trials at Man U & Liverpool within he last year.

I do look out for & enjoy Redarmy's Academy posts but having watched both Davies (When at City Academy) and Regan Poole for Newport I would personally rather have the latter so find the '10x' remark a tad bizarre.

Fulham are not in the race to sign Regan they made an offer last season which was a very poor offer this was only after was looking like Aaron Davis wasnt going to sign for Fulham .Once Aarons deal was confirmed Fulhams interest eneded .

I too appreciate his insight, although it always appears to be a bit doom and gloom about the academy!

Im not doom and gloom about the Academy I just tell it as it is from the academy .

10x, that's quite a claim! Has Batten been on trial with Liverpool and United?

There have been loads of our Academy players going on trials at different clubs throughout last season and that have all they have been is TRIALS .

Fulham are not in the race to sign Regan they made an offer last season which was a very poor offer this was only after was looking like Aaron Davis wasnt going to sign for Fulham .Once Aarons deal was confirmed Fulhams interest eneded .

Im not doom and gloom about the Academy I just tell it as it is from the academy .

There have been loads of our Academy players going on trials at different clubs throughout last season and that have all they have been is TRIALS .

Point is, a trial is one thing. Having a trial at United, Liverpool or Arsenal/Chelsea/City is another thing all together! They won't just look at anyone.

We are also forgetting we have Zak Vyner who is a top Player hes a year older than Poole and Davis but is years ahead in development and his Attitude is nothing short of Amazing  .

This year we all expect Zac to make the step up to first team he has all the qualitys need at this young age .

Point is, a trial is one thing. Having a trial at United, Liverpool or Arsenal/Chelsea/City is another thing all together! They won't just look at anyone.

As soon as there is a whisper that there is a  is a half decent kid somewhere the big boys come in give them a trial if they are better than they already have at said age they will sign them .

Kids might be brilliant at city or newport but when they step up to cat clubs they are a million miles away .

We are also forgetting we have Zak Vyner who is a top Player hes a year older than Poole and Davis but is years ahead in development and his Attitude is nothing short of Amazing  .

This year we all expect Zac to make the step up to first team he has all the qualitys need at this young age .

That sounds promising; he also a centre back?

It is one of my big hopes in our seemingly new approach (small, high quality squad) is that we'll have the odd opportunity to give youth a realistic change, be that because of injury or in competitions like the early rounds of the League Cup.

Yes Zack is a centre back very big+strong ,quick and a good lad to go with it .

Sounds very promising.

It's a shame he's not a striker really, talking of which are there any lads in that position who may make their way into the 1st team squad, oh & what's your opinion on the future of Wes Burns?

Keep the info coming, very interesting, cheers.

In my opinion I don't think there are any strikers ready just yet to make the jump up.

With regards to wes I think he will need another season out on load maybe a league 1 side or lower championship just to get a little more experience .

I don't think wes is a striker he is more a winger with his pace he will cause some real problems for most full backs

How do you know so much?

In my opinion I don't think there are any strikers ready just yet to make the jump up.

With regards to wes I think he will need another season out on load maybe a league 1 side or lower championship just to get a little more experience .

I don't think wes is a striker he is more a winger with his pace he will cause some real problems for most full backs

Don't think any championship clubs will be interested in wes at the current time. Think he will be doing well to get a loan at a lower league 1 side

Archived