IGNORED

Books

Drew Peacock

Could you elaborate? I'm undecided about reading Pirlo's.

It's Pirlo. What further elaboration is needed?!

It's just really good, articulate and with a good human side to it. Not the usual footballer book written by someone in a hurry to get something out and make a few quid.

It's Pirlo. What further elaboration is needed?!

It's just really good, articulate and with a good human side to it. Not the usual footballer book written by someone in a hurry to get something out and make a few quid.

Is it as cerebral as his football?

Definitely the Andrea Pirlo book.Fantastic read especially the bits about Gattuso and Inzaghi and Roy Hodgson calling him Pirla which apparently is a Milanese colloquialism for ********.Also the 2nd Roy Keane biography.Read and enjoy.

Ronald Reng's biography of Robert Enke is a great telling of a tragic tale. His biography of Lars Leese is also good and gives some insight into Danny Wilson's management.

Jonathan Wilson's biography of Clough is also good.

I echo that the Enke book is good. Difficult to read in places and you can feel some of the struggle.

I know we do this every year, but any recommendations for football books to read over the summer. NOT The Secret Footballer, they were shite.

Sorry for forgetting who it was, must be dementia setting in, but someone recommended an 'auto' biography by one of the Neville brothers. He seemed to think it was a very good read. Just passing that on.

Hope it wasn't you!  :blink:

Sorry for forgetting who it was, must be dementia setting in, but someone recommended an 'auto' biography by one of the Neville brothers. He seemed to think it was a very good read. Just passing that on.

Hope it wasn't you! :blink:

It was me, we only discussed it the other day and you know full well it was Gary!

It was me, we only discussed it the other day and you know full well it was Gary!

Its 0239 here and i have been finishing up some overdue paperwork and emails so my brain is a little hazy on the detail. I need some shut eye. Thanks for the reminder.

I don't read many football books but I enjoyed this book about Brian Clough. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Provided-You-Dont-Kiss-Me/dp/0007247117

There are are a lot of Brian Clough books about. I have just finished reading 'Nobody Ever Says Thank You', a biography of the man from birth to death.

To be honest a lot of pages read like a list of football results, but the rest is pure maverick entertainment (for example the account of his famous television debate with Don Revie), and perhaps sadly the account of the tail-end of his career and his denial of alcoholism makes for a gripping read.

Archived