IGNORED

Funniest Bristol Rovers Moments

sglosbcfc

We need a top ten funniest Rovers moments, that bus tour has to make it, The relegation v Mansfield, I would also like to nominate the Rovers kit that was a recycled Tesco bag and finally the portakabin in Fry's factory Keynsham that was the manger's office for years. Over to you for your nominations -

And so the obsession continues. It's like an old joke that keeps doing the rounds, funny at first but wears a bit thin after the 12th time you are supposed to laugh.

Move on focus on your own team whoever that is, thinks about next season and the first priority in staying up, imagine if we get relegated and they promoted!!

Class before Gas.

And so the obsession continues. It's like an old joke that keeps doing the rounds, funny at first but wears a bit thin after the 12th time you are supposed to laugh.

Move on focus on your own team whoever that is, thinks about next season and the first priority in staying up, imagine if we get relegated and they promoted!!

Class before Gas.

How about you try telling people how not to think and feel

To be fair to their supporters, 'we' do have a strange obsession with them - let's get over it and concentrate on ourselves for a change!

I don't think it an obsession at all. Footballing wise the past 15 months have been a complete novelty. We don't need to rake over how and why but they fell out of the football league - unimaginable to most. It was a novelty because 'oh my god they've got Alfreton away' etc. it was such a shock that last season was not really as I see it obsession just enjoying where and how they had dropped, no less than any other club's fans would have.

To make matters worst they were the gift that kept giving. Each week there was something new coming out which would further discussion: bath city, UWE, finances, wonga, racist abuse, blackthorn Barry, - that's just off the top of my head.

For me next year if things continued in the same vain then I think accusations of obsession may be more soundly placed. Until then it's an unfair accussation, certainly not one I'd throw around yet I was in their shoes - it's part and parcel of football. Enjoy it.

As for discussing and focusing on us, on what perchance?

The intention of the OP seems to be a sort of 'review' and I can see why it fits in it's own topic. As an aside I'm not really this in to one thread per general topic anyway. Seems to have replaced subforums. Once a topic has done it's course I can understand retrospective movement but otherwise just seems a way of keeping the one thread disjointed and often at multiple tangents.

Back on topic, my highlight would be the Bath City defeat.

I don't think it an obsession at all. Footballing wise the past 15 months have been a complete novelty. We don't need to rake over how and why but they fell out of the football league - unimaginable to most. It was a novelty because 'oh my god they've got Alfreton away' etc. it was such a shock that last season was not really as I see it obsession just enjoying where and how they had dropped, no less than any other club's fans would have.

To make matters worst they were the gift that kept giving. Each week there was something new coming out which would further discussion: bath city, UWE, finances, wonga, racist abuse, blackthorn Barry, - that's just off the top of my head.

For me next year if things continued in the same vain then I think accusations of obsession may be more soundly placed. Until then it's an unfair accussation, certainly not one I'd throw around yet I was in their shoes - it's part and parcel of football. Enjoy it.

As for discussing and focusing on us, on what perchance?

The intention of the OP seems to be a sort of 'review' and I can see why it fits in it's own topic. As an aside I'm not really this in to one thread per general topic anyway. Seems to have replaced subforums. Once a topic has done it's course I can understand retrospective movement but otherwise just seems a way of keeping the one thread disjointed and often at multiple tangents.

Back on topic, my highlight would be the Bath City defeat.

losing to every part time club

punching a goal keeper was apparntly not their fans fault because it should of been policed better

their super fans match highlights (you have to experiance them)

the open top parade for winning the non league play-offs

numerous racist incidents

Santas grotto

not budgeting for non-league because they were only in the drop zone for 40 minutes

boycotting sainsburys

boycotting the mirror

thats just off the top of my head

Its not been an obsession- its been hysterical.

Ten minutes of rough has spent more time posting on rovers threads about us being obsessed than the majority on here have posted about rovers.

For me it has to be the pitch invasion where the fan ran over to the rovers player, one of them slipped and took both of them over. Would of been funny no matter what teams were involved.

How about the one where their keeper stepped back a few paces to clear a live ball upfield, and an opponent appeared from behind the goal and tapped it into the net?

BEHIND YOU!

OH NOT ITS NOT!

OH YES IT IS :D

i forgot about that, its rather ironic calling us scum over desacrating a war memorial that themselfs are trying to sell to the highest bidder,

Like its a used car.

............I actually thought the whole "santas grotto" thing was a photoshop hoax.

I do seriously feel sorry for them, pfffffttttt do I ****.... :laugh:, bus wankerz!

I still can't believe it's ever been anything than a hoax. IF true, and they really did use it as a grotto, then that has to be just about the lowest point. Almost more embarrassing than dropping out of the league.

I still can't believe it's ever been anything than a hoax. IF true, and they really did use it as a grotto, then that has to be just about the lowest point. Almost more embarrassing than dropping out of the league.

oh it was true, not a hoax whatsoever, the prowdly announced it on their website and everything,

It CANT be true, but the irony is lost on them which makes it even funnier......but IF it is then......................it's funny too.

Win, win all around.

Archived