IGNORED

Funniest Bristol Rovers Moments

sglosbcfc

Bless you ,theym all funny !

They could n't be funnier if they put on red noses, over size boots and entered the pitch on an exploding car with oval wheels.

Gotta love'em though .

Exploding bicycle with oval wheels, please. Mr Blue Trousers would insist :nono:

Not going to happen, apparently. The FA won't let their youth team wear the name of a pub :drunk2:

Surely that cannot be true?! I really struggle to believe it.

After the FA used to sell kiddies tickets to the Carling Cup, the Worthington Cup; you have Heineken plastered all over the Champions League, Budweiser all over the World Cup, precedents for alcohol sponsorship - Blackthorn, a bottle of champagne for having a good match in the sponsor's eyes, I'd find it absolutely staggering the FA found a pub offensive, youth team or not.

After the FA used to sell kiddies tickets to the Carling Cup, the Worthington Cup; you have Heineken plastered all over the Champions League, Budweiser all over the World Cup, precedents for alcohol sponsorship - Blackthorn, a bottle of champagne for having a good match in the sponsor's eyes, I'd find it absolutely staggering the FA found a pub offensive, youth team or not.

Not 'a' pub, just 'that' pub

I have it on very good authority. The best, in fact...

I have it on very good authority. The best, in fact...

I did have in the back on my mind when they won the raffle some murmerings of you being or having been a regular there so I certainly don't doubt you or your source for one moment.

Suppose its just another in the long line of hypocrisy and over reaction from the FA. Even still, I'd probably be quicker to believe the 15ers just made this up to try and renege on this deal.

Northampton play off capitulation a few yrs ago. That still brings a smile to my face.

That was a classic. Every bit as good as the time they were top of the league with 8-9 games to go was it..? They only managed one win (let's forget who that was against!) in those remaining games and eventually dropped out of even the play off places on the lady day of the season, to be greeted by Evening Post headlines of "Rovers' capitulation complete" iirc.

Bu99er! Missed that at the time - absolutely hysterical. Mind you, I'm not an avid Guardianista like EMB ;)

**** me neither am I Aiz, it was just top of the google list, there actually is a video somewhere out there in internet land.

Mind you this is a cracker FFS, a gypsies curse.

I remember reading somewhere that there was another reason for the fact that we had done so badly over the past years.

I did a bit of searching and found this from July last year!!

It explains it all. The players, the results, the injury crisis, John Ward and the relegation to the conference.

Why didn't the BOD tell us about this before and we'd all have understood.

Oops, I hope I they don't read this forum, because I've given them another reason!!

(smashngrab - July 17, 2013 06:39 PM (GMT)

This all stems from the curse passed on the ground by a travelling gypsy a few seasons back . The gypsy was trying to park up for the night in the Mem car park. The then chairman Geoff Dunford told him he had to leave, why don't you camp up on the common said Geoff.

The gypsy cursed the ground Geoff stood on and spat, Only when a good turn is given to a genuine gypsy by Geoff can the curse be lifted.)

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/71/gypsys-curse-knew-board#ixzz3bG9F261d

........ Is yet to come , in the High Court next week!

If Sainsbury's lose, they will certainly appeal - which will drag the entertainment out well into next season.

Funniest ever rover's moment for me though has to be Santa's grotto - I laugh every time I see the photo.

Archived