IGNORED

3 Ex-City In Scottish Playoffs

ashton_fan

In last night's Championship playoff in Scotland, Rangers had Richard Foster in defence, while Motherwell had Stephen McManus in defence (he scored) and Stephen Pearson in midfield. Ahh, the bad old days when McWinless was here! No wonder we got relegated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/32925904

My god,when you think back.......

So did I.

In a very poor team, being badly managed and with no winning instinct instilled I thought he had some good games.

Which is more than I can say for Foster or McManus.

I thought Pearson was good for a handful of decent to good performances a season. As you say, there are a multitude of others far more deserving of our wrath.

I just don't understand their playoff system

You and me both. What i do know though is that you can end up with more points than teams above you, which is daft enough, and then be punished with relegation.

A truly shameful end result of a system that is ill thought out at best and a shambolic indictment of the Scottish Football Association or whoever is responsible.

I just don't understand their playoff system

Quite simple, fourth play third and the winners then play the second placed team. Those winners then take on the eleventh (one from bottom) placed Prem team for the final spot in the Prem. Motherwell stay in the Prem, Queen of the South, Hibs and Rangers remain in the Championship.

I thought pearson was ok to be honest.

Aye I agree.

Pearson had something about him, but didn't put it on show often enough. I wouldn't categorise him in the same league as Foster and McManus - those were the worst of the lot.

He also looked very good in L1 when he came back from injury as well, and had it not been for wages I'm sure SC would have gave him a further contract based on performance.

He played an absolute belter at Shrewsbury Away in that 2-3 win last year.

Didn't think Pearson was much kop, but the slating above was waaaaayy over the top.  To me he just looked bang average.  It wasn't that he did anything wrong, he just didn't seem to do, well....anything noticeable.

And the play-off system....isn't that similar to what we had in England in the early days of the play-offs?  Only something like the 3rd played the third bottom team in the division above with the winners going onto play the team that finished 2nd in the final.  I'm sure we relegated Sheffield Utd before losing out to Walsall in the final(?).

One thing is for sure, and that is that we didn't keep that system for long!

Archived