IGNORED

Bullets Dodged .

Major Isewater

and as I said he was far from woeful and saved us in a quite a few games, he won us far more points then he cost us,

I don't see it that way.He didn't go above and beyond what you'd expect from a goalkeeper, I would say he he cost us more points than he earned. This is obviously based on what I perceive to be part and parcel of his role as a keeper.

Gianluigi Buffon would have looked crap in goal for us behind that defence that James had.

That's not to say James was great, he wasn't at all, but you have to consider what he was working with. Quite a few on here didn't rate Heaton either, and he's done alright for himself since leaving.

Gianluigi Buffon would have looked crap in goal for us behind that defence that James had.

That's not to say James was great, he wasn't at all, but you have to consider what he was working with. Quite a few on here didn't rate Heaton either, and he's done alright for himself since leaving.

After leaving here, James played 19 games for Bournemouth before it became clear he wasn't even cut out for L1.

A great player in his day: but we got him at 11:50pm.

I'm not going to pretend he was the best but he was far from woeful, yes he made some mastakes but so did basso weale phillips welch heaton fielding gerkin who all cost us games,

but there we far worse players then james here when he was at the club,

McManus, McGiven, Stewert, Hunt, Clarkson, Styver Tom Williams, Richard Foster to name a few

Bit harsh on Clarkson, he was played ridiculously out of position nearly every game.

which to his credit did more ofton then not,

he would of be leathal in Freemans Role in our current team

Trundle didn't have anything like the work rate that Freeman offers in that position and it would leave us far to open through the middle, IMO.

I haven't heard anything about Akos Buzacky (spelling?) since he went missing in the Bedminster area a couple of years ago.

Good call, was n't he going to be our midfield saviour on several occasions ?

I believe he went to Real Madrid ,where he won la Liga ,the European cup ,the World cup and Miss Madrid .

metab wouldn't of been awesome, he would of been like other egyptians who came over here to play football, completely un-professional,

just look what happened when he signed for Standard in belgium, he ****** off back to egypt without ever playing a game,

I'd takke all those players in a heartbeat over a player like Metab

Adam El- Abd? Had he been in the same team as Metab would there have been more camelraderie in the dressing room?

Archived