IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

39 minutes ago, Super said:

Need a partnership now.

and a partnership is what you've got! Hoping these two can hang around a little longer. I had my doubts when he signed due to his lack of experience but Renshaw has been a fantastic acquisition. 

10 minutes ago, Coppello said:

and a partnership is what you've got! Hoping these two can hang around a little longer. I had my doubts when he signed due to his lack of experience but Renshaw has been a fantastic acquisition. 

I blame you!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Well we made a real mess of that run chase - Somerset back to last seasons collapses

Just a bad day at the office - lose a couple of key wickets and we get all anxious. Remember no Tom Abell, Jack Leach or Dom Bess in the side either - any of those can get decent runs at the death.

49 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just a bad day at the office - lose a couple of key wickets and we get all anxious. Remember no Tom Abell, Jack Leach or Dom Bess in the side either - any of those can get decent runs at the death.

Where was Abell today?

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Oh **** off Nasser, chirping on with the Somerset being a road stuff when talking about Buttler only playing red ball on roads of Taunton and Old Trafford, when they talk about Bess will they still say its a road?

Everyone knows that it's simultaneously a road/bunsen (delete as appropriate to make case against selection of Taunton-based players).

• Like 2

Bess at 8 go on lad, feel a bit bad for him seems like his debut is being treated as a sideshow to Buttler's return, not that he'll have seen it but Jos given full proper sit down interview and Bess gets a quick 5 minute chat.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Bess at 8 go on lad, feel a bit bad for him seems like his debut is being treated as a sideshow to Buttler's return, not that he'll have seen it but Jos given full proper sit down interview and Bess gets a quick 5 minute chat.

To be honest I'd prefer to get on with it rather than have a ton of media duties to attend to. England are batting first so hopefully there'll be something there for him in the fourth innings and he'll do well, then he'll get plenty of attention afterwards.

2 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

To be honest I'd prefer to get on with it rather than have a ton of media duties to attend to. England are batting first so hopefully there'll be something there for him in the fourth innings and he'll do well, then he'll get plenty of attention afterwards.

Maybe, just a case of I think this is maybe the least I've seen made of a debut in a long time, usually they talk more about someone making their debut. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Maybe, just a case of I think this is maybe the least I've seen made of a debut in a long time, usually they talk more about someone making their debut. 

Plenty of chat about him on TMS from Vic Marks and Tuffers. Vic just said that he and Bess went to the same school and now he's gutted to no longer be the best off spinner ever produced by the school. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Plenty of chat about him on TMS from Vic Marks and Tuffers. Vic just said that he and Bess went to the same school and now he's gutted to no longer be the best off spinner ever produced by the school. 

2 spinners so not overly surprising they talk about him, Vic also presented Dom with his cap. 

10 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Plenty of chat about him on TMS from Vic Marks and Tuffers. Vic just said that he and Bess went to the same school (Blundell’s School, in Tiverton, where Somerset's former wicketkeeper/batsman, Rob Turner, is Head of Cricket) and now he's gutted to no longer be the best off spinner ever produced by the school - indeed, and Vic Marks also commented very graciously that DB is probably the best spinner to have come out of Blundell's during the last 50 years

Still on the subject of Vic Marks and Dom Bess, VM wrote last weekend in The Guardian:

'He (Dom Bess) is suddenly hot property, though I am unable to confirm that he already has a sponsorship deal with Ikea.'

Another Blundell’s teacher, Amy Candler, who was rather more concerned with Bess’s academic progress than his cricket coach, speaks warmly of his “grit and determination to make the best of himself. We’re all absolutely thrilled by his call-up”.

The Blundell's teacher is, I believe, Vic's daughter.

What a great article by VJM and I like hiss discreet quotation of the words of a woman almost certainly his daughter.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Another poor batting effort? Who is this Banton? Needs dropping.

Lad whose been scoring hundreds for fun in the second team so is getting a run in the team, didn't he get 40 or so couple of games ago? 

Decent recovery by RVM and Gregory, something to defend at least