IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

When Bartlett got us to 200 on Saturday I said that was enough runs with our bowling attack, my tweet was read out on the commentary. 

Well, for all those thinking I was talking nonsense, this is the best all round bowling attack I've seen in over 40 years of watching and that's without Bess and Leach and Gregory for 2 games 

I know we haven't played against the best teams so far and will adjust that total when we do.......to 250

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Didn’t happen. I was there with loads of City fans. 

100% did at one of the finals Glos were at 15 or so years ago. Rovers flags and a group singing goodnight Irene, it even made it onto the telly!

At a T20 a few years ago I heard it being sang outside The Annexe after Glos had won and some Somerset/City youth steamed into them.

Down in Taunton watching Set v Glos four years ago and there was a large group of Glos to our left including two lads in sag outfits.

Gas I met in Lanka in 2012 were all Glos. 

List goes on really! Hardly a surprise given the location of the ground. 

10 hours ago, Harry said:

I didn’t hear anything at Lord’s that day either, but wouldn’t say that it didn’t happen.

Generally more City are Glos fans than Sags, it’s just the Sag/Glos fans feel the need to stand out more. I know of one middle-aged chap who goes on England tours and has to wear Gas kit every day along with his massive flag. It’s a bit like small-man’s syndrome  

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

I'm only joking, I still have a soft spot for the Glos after studying at Ashley Down for 4 years and enjoying the delights of pool table under the old, old car park stand! 

I realise that being City fans and GCCC fans is slightly odd in this area, but it's usually down to connections and where family lived in days gone by.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Harry said:

That would be why you didn't hear it because you were sat with City fans

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

100% did at one of the finals Glos were at 15 or so years ago. Rovers flags and a group singing goodnight Irene, it even made it onto the telly!

At a T20 a few years ago I heard it being sang outside The Annexe after Glos had won and some Somerset/City youth steamed into them.

100% correct on the above, have heard it sung many times at Glos ground

There was great offence taken when "Drink up the' Cider" was belted out in The Sportsman a few years back and ended up in complete carnage in there as Rovers fans started singing their stolen song

42 minutes ago, tin said:

Generally more City are Glos fans than Sags, it’s just the Sag/Glos fans feel the need to stand out more. I know of one middle-aged chap who goes on England tours and has to wear Gas kit every day along with his massive flag. It’s a bit like small-man’s syndrome  

No offence, but that is just a personal opinion there can't be any facts that back this up

Ironically a crowd of us have been going home and away with Somerset for years, and one of those is a Rovers supporter that hasn't missed a game in decades. One constant is that when he wears his shorts and his Rovers tattoo on his leg is visible he gets the piss taken all over the country

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Down in Taunton watching Set v Glos four years ago and there was a large group of Glos to our left including two lads in sag outfits.

Gas I met in Lanka in 2012 were all Glos. 

List goes on really! Hardly a surprise given the location of the ground. 

There may well have been a group of Glos fans singing their dirge. 
But we need to dispel the myth that Glos = Gas. It doesn’t. There’s loads of City who follow Glos. 

I guess if you meet a Gas cricket fan, he’s most likely to follow Glos. 

However, if you meet a City cricket fan, it’s probably 50/50 as to whether he’d be Glos or Somerset.

I like both and want both to do well. To me it’s a friendly rivalry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

No offence, but that is just a personal opinion there can't be any facts that back this up

Ironically a crowd of us have been going home and away with Somerset for years, and one of those is a Rovers supporter that hasn't missed a game in decades. One constant is that when he wears his shorts and his Rovers tattoo on his leg is visible he gets the piss taken all over the country

None taken. I live five minutes away from the Glos ground and know more City-supporting Glos fans than Sags. That’s not to say I don’t see Sags at Glos, but the whole concept of Glos=Gas is completely false. 

Also, you’d might be surprised about the amount of City fans heading on the 73 bus down Gloucester Road to the Gate on a match day. Lockleaze is probably the last Sag stronghold in Bristol, IMO. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phantom said:

I like the way the sky display showed "abandoned" in TV description 

Not seen that before 

I see Warwickshire are broadcasting the Somerset game Friday evening 

You've answered my question,  I did wonder why our match was in the evening? Is it on sky or just being streamed by Warwickshire?